Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Everyone loves a good mystery

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone loves a good mystery

Does anyone else here really like mystery genre anime series?

What part about them hooks you? I personally like trying to figure out issue before the "detective" does. I recently got into Ayatsuri Sakon, and I think it's fabulous. The concept is really cool. Detective Conan is fun, too.

So anyways, I'll throw this thread out there for anyone who wants to discuss specifically mystery/suspense genre animes.

Oh, and has anyone see Ergo Proxy? What are your thoughts on it?
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Everyone loves a good mystery

Yes! I believe that it makes me feel superior when I figure out the mystery before the detective!!! XD But thats probably because the show has already revealed many clues to us that the detective doesnt already know XD

But anyway, my favorite detective series (and the only one Ive watched so far) is Tantei Gakuen Q. Its quite hilarious, scary, awe-inspiring, and mysterious at the same time. Too bad it only aired once a week......
    Kastelic's creation

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Tantei Gakuen Q, eh? Can I get a summary blurb?
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, Ill try my best.... its been over 2 years since I last watched it ^_^

*Ehem......*

Ok, its about this boy Kyu, and his fortunate meeting with an agent of a detective school. He helps her solve a very mysterious case ( on the first episode ) and she invites him to join the dan detective school. What he doesnt know is that the school is run by the very famous Dan Morihiko himself, a very famous and talented detective. Once there, they undergo a test, which determined which class they were in. After the tests, Kyu was dismayed to see that he wasnt placed in the supposedly highest class, class A. Instead, he finds his name on class Q...... And guess what? Its a class trained by the famous Dan himself, and along with Megumi, the girl with Photographic Memory, Kazuma the IT freak kid, Kinta the strong, and the mysterious Ryu, they form a kind of "ultimate detective team"

And after that, I dont exactly know what happens..... they aired it once a week, so I missed most of it ^_^;;
    Kastelic's creation

Thanks

That actually sounds pretty cool. I think I may have to go off and find that.

Like I said, I've been watching episodes (when I have the time ) of Ayatsuri Sakon. It's really well done, and I actually had some difficulty figuring out who the killer was for the first 3 episode's mystery.

"Sakon is the grandson of the famous Bunraku master, Tachibana Zaemon. He is incredibly shy and lacks confidence in himself. However, when he is with his puppet, Ukon, he is able to focus himself and his crime-solving abilities. As a contrast to traditional Bunraku puppeteering, Sakon is an expert ventriloquist. He uses his talent of mimicing and throwing voices to confront the villains and often force a confession. Ukon is a beautiful Bunraku puppet created in 1870, supposedly by the Master puppet-builder Unosuke Koizumi III. But Ukon doesn't act as a good Bunraku puppet should. When he is with Sakon, he is forward, obnoxious, flirtatious, coarse, and very egocentric. Together, Sakon and Ukon travel around Japan, solving mysteries, murders, and horrific crimes. In the meantime, Sakon's aunt Kaoruko, a young and pretty police detective, helps him out and keeps an eye on him." - courtesy of Anime News Network
    ~ ~

Thanks

Sorry, I havent visited the thread in a long while.........

But thanks for the summary though........ although full of complicated Jap words, I find it a quite interesting anime. I must inscribe it in my mind........ Ayatsuri Sakon.
    Kastelic's creation

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Thx for the infor, I will be sure to check it out. But question, anyone seen a tv series called Hustle?

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Otaku Clow Sakura may be famous one day Clow Sakura may be famous one day Clow Sakura's Avatar
    Thanks

Like Bassdudez, I like Tantei Gakuen Q
    Smileys + Me =

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast