+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fall anime season 2009 Anime You Are Looking Forward To

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Fall anime season 2009 Anime You Are Looking Forward To

Just thought I post this. I'm sure most of you might already know what's coiming out this fall as for anime, but for a few that don't, well here is a charrt. Cause we all know that some of us aren't crazy freaks!!! JK. I know I'm a freak and I will admit it!!!XD

Chart for Fall anime

I'm thinking about watching a few. As mentioned by Len, the new Inuyasha season is coming out. I, for one, thought it was over, but they can't let it die huh?? I might watch it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to watch Kobato. I loved the manga(which was in my monthy magazine. Sadly though I haven't gotten my magazine in about a year). As for the others...I'll have to watch the first episodes to see if they are what they say they are. Maybe 11eyes and Winter Sonata. They seem interesting.

Japanese version of Lelo and Stitch. WTH??? XD Wow!! That's uh....interesting.

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Newbie Wence is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Fall anime season 2009

Stitch 2! - I think I know the ending... and we should find out who is doing Stitch's voice.

I personally haven't started on any of the Summer anime yet (I hope Spice and Wolf 2 didn't 'fail' by now or at all. Was slightly worried how the first season ended) I went and started 3 long anime's - One Piece, LoGH and D.Conan.

This Fall season looks interesting though. The one that stands out instantly for me is a second season for Darker Than Black.

The 'first' season I thought started off wonderfully. I really enjoyed some of the mini-events of the other contractors and the backstories - Yay Yin!
     click to show spoiler
    But I thought the ending was extremely rushed or just overall disappointing. I am going to watch this Gemini with hope.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms is a title I've seen several times before and yet have not taken the time to read up on what and how many animes that have told this story or just contained elements of. Using just wikipedia -
     click to show spoiler

click to show spoiler

Armed Librarians
    - Definitely sounds unique and somewhat interesting.

I'm curious to hear about anyone that has read the manga/light novels for any of these Fall releases and which ones had a fantastic story.

Newbie Blacksquall402 is off to a good start Blacksquall402's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Fall anime season 2009

Don't forget the new Hayao Miyazaki movie, Ponyo! I know this movie is going to be awesome, and all anime fans, especially Miyazaki fans should check it out! It will be coming out to theaters this August. It might only be in select movie theaters, but it should be coming out to DVD later this year or early next year.

Thanks

I watched Ponyo and I was disappointed. Although I don't find all of Miyazaki movies great, Ponyo was a failure. I haven't spoken to anyone else who has seen it - so I don't know if my opinion is in the majority but I certainly can say for a fact Ponyo will not be anyone's favorite. Let me know if I am mistaken.

Newbie Skizzit is off to a good start Skizzit's Avatar
    Thanks

Fairy Tail looks so much like One Piece that I had to look up the info on it to make sure Oda was not somehow involved. I will be checking that one out for sure. The Manga is pretty fun.

Other then that, not much that jumps out as a "must see" although there aer a number I will probably watch the first 2-3 episodes of to see if they are interesting. I did just watch the first season of Nogizaka Haruka No Himitsu and it was pretty cute and funny. Nothing really great, but a good time waster so I will probably watch the second series at some point.

And I agree, anime Lilo & Stich is........ odd to say the least.
    Who needs a signature.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like it is going to be awesome, I cannot wait to see, the secret of nogizaka haruka.

Newbie Blacksquall402 is off to a good start Blacksquall402's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wence View Post
    I watched Ponyo and I was disappointed. Although I don't find all of Miyazaki movies great, Ponyo was a failure. I haven't spoken to anyone else who has seen it - so I don't know if my opinion is in the majority but I certainly can say for a fact Ponyo will not be anyone's favorite. Let me know if I am mistaken.

I'm sad to hear Ponyo was a failure for you. I believe I will love love this movie, but I still haven't seen it. This one looks like one of Hayao's day in the life films like; My Neighbor, Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle, instead of his epic, action films. Maybe you're just into Hayao's action films like; Castle in the Sky and Princess Mononoke. Was Ponyo not your type of movie, or was it just crappy?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksquall402 View Post
    I'm sad to hear Ponyo was a failure for you. I believe I will love love this movie, but I still haven't seen it. This one looks like one of Hayao's day in the life films like; My Neighbor, Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle, instead of his epic, action films. Maybe you're just into Hayao's action films like; Castle in the Sky and Princess Mononoke. Was Ponyo not your type of movie, or was it just crappy?
    *link removed*

Totoro and Ponyo are the two I dislike from Miya that I have watched so far. When I'm about to watch a Ghilbi or Miyazaki film I'm prepared.
    -It's going to be slow. Making sure all ages have the potential of enjoying it.
    -The characters will look almost the exact same from previous movies. May take a few minutes to learn and experience that they are indeed different.
    -There will be no action worth noting or praising about. Not even in Porco Rosso.
    -The animation style is going to be decent. Nothing to complain about but I wouldn't use it as a comparison against any other studio films.
    -The story is the driving point for all movies which is the main reason I'm willing to watch them. Within it's own small universe which the limits are revealed the first 10 minutes and it's slow pace - nothing after that will be surprising. Be ready to sit back and enjoy the smooth ride for the next 2 hours.

If you enjoyed Totoro then you might enjoy Ponyo. Was it crappy? Going just by the story and being fully prepared - I'd say yeah. Keep in mind I acknowledge all of this is my opinion.

About some of the Fall Anime Season - I just noticed that Beijing Glorious is doing Three Kingdoms. I really shouldn't get my hopes up. (Tries to get back to Fall Anime discussion)
    Last edited by Sazzy; Aug 06, 2009 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Link isn't really needed..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast