+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fighting Spirit: Hajime no Ippo

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Fighting Spirit: Hajime no Ippo

Ippo Makunouchi is a very shy high school student who never had the time to make friends because he was always busy helping his mother with the family charter boat fishing business. Because he kept to himself, a group of bullies led by Umezawa got into the habit of picking on him. On one particular day these bullies decided to give him a rather serious beating, but a middle-weight professional boxer who was passing by stopped the bullies and took the injured Ippo to the Kamogawa Gym (鴨川ボクシングジム ,Kamogawa Bokushingu Jimu?), owned by retired boxer Genji Kamogawa, to treat his wounds. After Ippo awoke to the sounds of boxers training, the boxer who saved him, Mamoru Takamura, tried to cheer Ippo up by letting him vent his frustrations on a sandbag. It was then that they had their first glimpse into Ippo's talent for boxing. After that incident, Ippo started his regular training and began his path in Japan's professional boxing.
    Fighting Spirit (manga) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I've been watching quite a few episodes of this series. I think I'm on like episode 30-something now. At any rate, I love this series. It's full of action and humor. I haven't seen a single episode that doesn't make me laugh. ^_^

Has anybody seen this anime series? What do you think of it? Like/Dislike? Why? Who's your favorite character?

I'm a big fan of Takamura. He's absolutely hilarious! He's always grabbin' people's junk and he referrs to Ippo's as his "megaton punch", or some other weird name. LOL. Plus he's a kick-ass boxer.

Round 1... Discuss! *Ding! Ding!*

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Fighting Spirit: Hajime no Ippo

Never watched the anime but I do read the manga. Takamura is indeed hilarious. I wish I could make a giant poster consisting of a collage of all his facial expressions. They're just that awesome. 'My punch is dynamite!"

Mashiba's cool too of course, just because he's an asshole.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Never watched the anime but I do read the manga. Takamura is indeed hilarious. I wish I could make a giant poster consisting of a collage of all his facial expressions. They're just that awesome. 'My punch is dynamite!"

Mashiba's cool too of course, just because he's an asshole.
    I've got a few copies of the manga, but they're in Japanese; so I can't really read them.

I LOVE Takamura's facial expressions! LOL. They're priceless. In the anime, he struts around singing, "My punch is dynamite!" It's pretty funny hearing it.

Mashiba is a beast! He creeps me out with those eyebrows of his, LOL. He used some pretty cheap tricks in the first couple fights with Miyata and Ippo but, he's still a pretty awesome boxer. I wouldn't mess with him. ^_^

...Eyebrows.

Devoted Otaku Wuzzler Champion, Stan James Freekick Champion, Sports Bar Champion, Kill Tweety Champion, Bloody Pingu Champion, One Ton Bang Bang Champion receiverofhell may be famous one day receiverofhell's Avatar
    Thanks

I've seen Hajime no Ippo and you know what I totally love the series!

I like Hajime no Ippo for its action/comedy/romance!?/storyline/characters and hilariousness of Takamura!

Yes! the hilariousness of Takamura definitely wins the award of being hilarious of calling weird names for Ippo or the other characters in the Series!
    But still Takamura is cool in boxing!
    My fave char is Ichiro Miyata the one who fought first by Ippo
    "In order to make a counter, you need two things: timing and heart"
    The advice of Miyata to his best fan!
    Miyata is cool enough to be the Orient King(I didn't know what is the exact title and I made it myself)

After that, he came up again, beating every opponent he meets, finally becoming the "Orient King"(heheh, i don't really know the title. I just made that up. But it has something with orient in it). With the gap finally conquered, he came back to Japan to challenge Ippo
    If you know more after Ippo beats Sendo(Please share with me)
    I loved her so much.... i would dare to risk my own life only to save her from dying....
    I loved my GF...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/zxa8pj.jpg[/IMG

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by receiverofhell View Post
    I've seen Hajime no Ippo and you know what I totally love the series!

I like Hajime no Ippo for its action/comedy/romance!?/storyline/characters and hilariousness of Takamura!

Yes! the hilariousness of Takamura definitely wins the award of being hilarious of calling weird names for Ippo or the other characters in the Series!
    But still Takamura is cool in boxing!
    My fave char is Ichiro Miyata the one who fought first by Ippo
    "In order to make a counter, you need two things: timing and heart"
    The advice of Miyata to his best fan!
    Miyata is cool enough to be the Orient King(I didn't know what is the exact title and I made it myself)

If you know more after Ippo beats Sendo(Please share with me)
    Miyata's pretty cool. The king of the counter, he is. ^_^

I like when Ippo's all love-struck by Mashiba's sister and his nose flares up, then Takamura gets all pissy, "what's with that nose?!" Then he roughs Ippo up a bit, LOL.

I'm trying to remember which guy Sendo is. Bare with me. I'll have to watch a few episodes today to refresh my memory.

Devoted Otaku Wuzzler Champion, Stan James Freekick Champion, Sports Bar Champion, Kill Tweety Champion, Bloody Pingu Champion, One Ton Bang Bang Champion receiverofhell may be famous one day receiverofhell's Avatar
    Thanks

I like when Ippo's all love-struck by Mashiba's sister
    YEAH! i love that too when Ippo found that shocked when Ippo found that her crush's brother is Mashiba!(Ippo was in total shocked! when he sees Mashiba's evil looking face again!) I totally laughed hard when I saw that episode!
    Last edited by receiverofhell; May 10, 2009 at 09:12 PM.
    I loved her so much.... i would dare to risk my own life only to save her from dying....
    I loved my GF...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/zxa8pj.jpg[/IMG

+ Reply to Thread