+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FUNimation license rescue of GAINAX Studio OVA series (FLCL)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

FUNimation license rescue of GAINAX Studio OVA series (FLCL)

Grumble Grumble Grumble

After announcing the license of several live-action features this week, FUNimation today announced the license rescue of a long out of print GAINAX Studio OVA series...

Fooly Cooly - The Official Anime Website from FUNimation
    FLCL Lands at FUNimation - Mania.com
    Funimation Adds Gainax, I.G's FLCL Anime on Blu-ray/DVD - Anime News Network

I missed this series during it's over-priced original release. It looks like I can finally pick this up at a reasonable price towards the end of the year...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Skizzit is off to a good start Skizzit's Avatar
    Thanks

re: FUNimation license rescue of GAINAX Studio OVA series (FLCL)

Finally. I have been searching for the third DVD of the original run for years. Looks like I will likely have to re-buy the whole thing, but at least I will finally have it all on DVD.
    Who needs a signature.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

re: FUNimation license rescue of GAINAX Studio OVA series (FLCL)

YAY! *does a dance*

I've been wanting a factory press of this for ages.

Thanks so much for posting this info up, Len! You've made me a happy girl. ^.^

I'm also excited for it to be at a decent price. V.V;;

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: FUNimation license rescue of GAINAX Studio OVA series (FLCL)

Awesome. I wish they would rescue other series. Kudos to you for wanting to acquire the series the right way other than piracy.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Awesome. I wish they would rescue other series. Kudos to you for wanting to acquire the series the right way other than piracy.

Indeed. ^.^

That was the only way I was able to see FLCL - My old roomie downloaded it. I never had the illegal copy of it. I remember seeing it on DVD a while ago, but it was sooooo expensive it wasn't worth it all. ((HHmmm... FLCL... or rent...)) LOL!

I own factory press of all the series that I really love. ^.^

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

YES!!! No more searching for the two episodes I'm missing on the internet!! Goodbye .avi files and hello box-set!! ^_^

I'm a long time fan of FLCL and The Pillows. The anime and the band work so well together. It was like animated, musical greatness of massive proportions! ^_^
    Were it not for FLCL, I'd probably have stopped watching [adult swim] a long time ago. Now I watch [AS] in hopes of them airing an anime series almost just as great as FLCL but longer.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    ... Now I watch [AS] in hopes of them airing an anime series almost just as great as FLCL but longer.
    The same GAINAX Studio production team and director went on to make 'Gunbuster 2', and the award winning 'Gurren Lagann', and both series exhibit the same chaotic animation style that first pioneered in 'FLCL'
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Question Re: FUNimation license rescue of GAINAX Studio OVA series (FLCL)

Do you if it will air on {Adult Swim} and if the ova will opening the door for more then eight shows?, that song aka the opening theme is catchy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast