+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FUNImation licenses 'Initial D' and CLAMP X TV

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

FUNImation licenses 'Initial D' and CLAMP X TV

Grumble Grumble Grumble

At the New York Anime Festival, FUNImation announced today the license rescue of the GENEON USA release of 'X TV', as well as 'Initial D'...
    On the other hand, Funimation will redub the Initial D anime instead of using the adaptation that the previous licensee, Tokyopop, had produced earlier. (Tokyopop had also licensed the original manga by Shūichi Shigeno.) Funimation has acquired Initial D: First Stage, Second Stage, Extra Stage, Third Stage, and Fourth Stage. Funimation will retain the original, uncut music for its soundtrack.
    Funimation Adds X TV/OAV, 5 Initial D Anime Stages - Anime News Network
    Funimation - New York Anime Festival 2009 - Anime News Network

So this appears to be all but the 'Battle Stage' synopsis compilation... Drat, it looks like I'll have to budget for another 'Initial D' purchase besides the Tokyo Pop version that I already own. (Though I consider 'Initial D' a very dangerous series to show to teenagers, as I often wonder how many have 'offed' themselves trying to imitate those illegal street racing tricks shown...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: FUNImation licenses 'Initial D' and CLAMP X TV

Ahhhh dang it... I have to buy the FUNimation version now too. >.<
    lol!

I haven't heard of any accidents or deaths directly related to reenacting Initial D... But then again who knows?

I do know that Takumi is based on Keiichi Tsuchiya (AkA The Drift King.)... And I do believe Tsuchiya helped with the anime as a reference. :3

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

FUNImation now has their official press releases posted...

Flower Mound, TX (September 25, 2009) – FUNimation® Entertainment today announced that it has acquired home entertainment, broadcast, digital, and merchandise rights to "Initial D First Stage", "Initial D Second Stage", "Initial D Extra Stage", "Initial D Third Stage" and "Initial D Fourth Stage" from Kodansha....
    Anime from FUNimation Entertainment - THE BEST IN ANIME -

And 'X'
    Flower Mound, TX (September 25, 2009) – FUNimation® Entertainment today announced that it has acquired home entertainment rights to the 24 episode apocalyptic drama anime series "X" (TV) from D-Rights Inc.

Based on the CLAMP manga series, the anime is directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri ("Ninja Scroll" among others) and animated by Madhouse ("Aquarion", "Beck", "Black Lagoon", "Gungrave").
    Anime from FUNimation Entertainment - THE BEST IN ANIME -
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Skizzit is off to a good start Skizzit's Avatar
    Thanks

Never got around to watching the 4th stage. I own some bootleg dvd copy probably from China or something that I purchased eons ago off of Ebay of the first 3 stages and the specials. Not a bad series. Of course last time I watched it was back in HS when fast cars were all the rage.

And I know what ya mean about the kids hurting themselves trying to imitate the series. Hell, I think there were at least 3 accidents in the parking lot of the movie theater after the midnight showing of the Fast and the Furious when I went to see that. Although it was kinda funny to see all these kids reving their little civics like that.
    Who needs a signature.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I've only watched up to 'Third Stage'. I used to have a bunch of the DVDs from TokyoPop. When I can afford to do so, I planned on renewing my 'Initial D' library (TokyoPop). I suppose I'll have to get the FUNImation version too--or at least watch it.

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, Initial D was a great show, but I don't see myself putting up more money for something I already have. I find it interesting that they will keep the original sound track with the new dub. Something I wish Tokyopop had done.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

+ Reply to Thread