+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Funimation New Licenses and Rescues...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Funimation New Licenses and Rescues...

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now that the normal holiday chaos is over, the flurry of new product announcements made by FUNimation has now been confirmed. New Licenses announced include.

In addition, a slew of GENEON USA license rescues and distributions were announced...It looks like FUNimation has been picking and choosing the best out of the GENEON USA license library. (So much for thinking that my rare Gad Guard collection might go up in value...) Presumably the FUNimation re-releases will be at a more affordable pricing point then the original GENEON USA distributions. I already own all of the license rescues I'm interested in, (though some series, such as 'Gankutsuou', and 'Last Exile' are highly recommended if you don't own them...) For new releases, 'Soul Eater', [b]'Edo Rocket'[b], 'Slayers Revolution' (26 episodes which covers both 'Slayers Revolution' and the yet to be broadcast 'Slayers Evolution' sequel...), and the EVA 1.0 Movie remake has my interest...

So is anyone else interested in these new FUNimation anouncements???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Funimation New Licenses and Rescues...

Hmmm, having all these titles picked out by FUNimation, what is GENEON doing? Anyways, I'm personally looking forward to the releases of "Soul Eater", "Slayers Revolution", and "Evangelion 1.01". Soul Eater has just been popping into my eyes almost everywhere I go recently so I've held somewhat of a interest in it, along with the fact I've read a bit of it since I've started importing manga again. As for "Slayers", well I've just been somewhat of a fan to begin with so I'm happy to hear its release. And you just know that you cant go wrong with Evangelion.

As from the list of Geneon pick ups I'm very glad to see both Vandread and Gad Guard in the list as I've never had the chance to complete either series. I have the first 4 volumes of DVDs for Gad Guard and that was it, I think I got caught up with other series and by the time I thought of finishing it I was unable to find the DVDs anywhere...the same for Vandread, barely finished the first season and never even got into season two.

Those would be the titles that I'm looking forward to for now.

~Thanks always for these updates Len
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

@Shinku: I dunno man, somehow if you watch Vandread now I can bet that you won't have the same awe and appreciation for the series as you would do when it first came out. Like you for some reason i never finished the last four episodes. I manage to do that last year, and found the show to be corny and the visuals no longer as wow-ing.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now as for the license rescues, I thought that 'Vandread' episode stories were written more to show off Studio GONZO new (for that year) CGI graphics work in a anime, (but wasn't really that well integrated), instead of advancing the series plot. It was still an decent Harem comedy series good for filling time...

'Gungrave' is based on a console game shooter, which I thought really didn't show enough of the Frankenstein hit man from the grave, instead concentrating on a after the fact background story leading up to the events of the first episode...

'Samurai Champloo' (quoting historical facts here...) during its first time TV showing was prematurely canceled after episode 17 due to poor ratings in its post mid-night time slot. (IMHO Director Shinichiro Watanabe really swung and missed big time with this series, showing that Hip Hop and Bushido mix as well as liquid sodium and water...)

'Ikki Tousen', if you take out the fight scenes and fanservice, there isn't much of a story left, (though if you're into these kind of things, its a pretty good series...)

'Gad Guard' is still in my backlog pile of Anime series to watch. (though I might pull it out and move it higher on the stack...)

The real gems of the GENEON license rescues are 'Last Exile' and 'Gankutsuou' which are easily the test best Sci-Fi series ever produced by Studio GONZO, with 'Gankutsuou' taking the 'Notable' TV series award for its year, at the Tokyo International Anime Fair..
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Jan 12, 2009 at 04:37 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread