Closed Thread

Thread: Fushigi Yuugi / Fushigi Yugi

Newbie MamoruChibaFan1 may be famous one day MamoruChibaFan1 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Fushigi Yuugi / Fushigi Yugi

This topic is created because the other one has gone. Fushigi Yuugi is a wonderful series. I liked the manga a lot more than the anime. The second half of the manga was done a lot better than it's anime version. I really enjoyed this series a lot. I like the romance between Miaka and Tamahome. They have a wonderful relationship. The kisses they share are all very romantic. I like how they become boyfriend and girlfriend during the beginning of the series, so they are dating during the series. The manga does the second half a lot longer and more detailed. The second sex scene between Miaka and Tamahome was very romantic. When he is Taka and they are in bed together, the scene was written so well. Miaka and Tamahome's relationship is really special and romantic. So, tell me what you all enjoyed about the series.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fushigi Yuugi / Fushigi Yugi

I only liked the first part of the anime. After my favourite characters died and the guys all started falling for Miaka I got sick of it. It was the same with Ayashi no Ceres - I liked it for a very short while, and never got around to finishing it because I got bored.

Otaku deftbeat may be famous one day deftbeat may be famous one day deftbeat's Avatar
    Thanks

same here, i got bored at the later part of the series..
    but i like the concept of the story though

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought the anime started off great, and I really enjoyed it up until about half-way when just about all the male characters fell for Miaka, and then I just got fed up with it. It's too fantastical, in the fantasy-like way. Imaginative is one thing, but going overboard with the characters' emotions is another. I started this series almost a year or so ago, and never got around to finishing it. I might finish it off one day, if I'm incredibly bored.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

I cant read the manga. However, I love the anime. The love story is just beautifully told and I adore the fact that the story revolvves around Chinese mythology.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

Fushigi Yuugi was one of the earliest animes I've watched after taking a liking in anime. Since I am all out for fantasy stories and am a sucker for all the myth stuffs, I was open to Fushigi Yuugi. Well, when I started on the series, it turned out to be a great storyline. I was really into it. I even made it my favorite anime, that was, until it just turned into a Miaka and Tamahome plot.

This is just my judgment based on the series shown on air; I've never read the manga. I say the above statements because what got me hooked was the concept (the myth of the four gods, the book, etc.) behind the story, and not the romance between the two main characters. I guess it was my fault - I should have expected that. Turned out, their love interest WAS the main plot. I didn't find their romance that appealing and interesting. Sure there were many romantic scenes that might get viewers moved, especially towards the ending of the series, but I just don't see how their love story began and developed. Suddenly, it was already there and they like each other -_-;

And the other characters start falling for Miaka, as in Ayashi Ceres where the other charcters start falling for her. Yu Watase's style, I guess. Anyhow, the series do have a lot of strong points, as it has made itself one of the most famous animes of our time. There are so many anime series out there, yet only few have achieved this. The series also has a high quality musical composition and animation, and the story is very well developed - also high quality. Great storytelling, in my opinion, and I commend the writer for that. I can say that it still is one of the most impressive anime I have watched, although it's not one of my favorites.

Newbie anonymouswolfgirl may be famous one day anonymouswolfgirl may be famous one day anonymouswolfgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Fushigi yuugi was my first favorite anime. I really love Fantasy and Sci-Fi (i love fantasy more) that's why i got hooked on this anime. i watched this anime when i was just a little kid (and i don't understand some of it because seriously i was just a kid).

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

To quote the Forum rules...
    Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 14 days or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Please read the Forum rules located here... Anime Online Forums - FAQ: GENERAL RULES:

Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread