Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've seen/read it and I love it!

5 45.45%
  • I've seen/read it & it's okay.

3 27.27%
  • I've seen/read it and I hate it.

0 0%
  • I've heard of it but I haven't seen it/read it.

1 9.09%
  • I haven't heard of it before.

2 18.18%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Genshiken

Newbie Lunai may be famous one day Lunai may be famous one day Lunai's Avatar
    Thanks

Genshiken

The anime/manga for anime lovers.

It's better if you're 16 or up because then it's easier to understand a lot of the otaku references. But it's a great series! So far there are 5 episodes of the manga available in English (according to my job Barnes & Noble) and there are 2 disks of translated shows available in English. I actually started watching it at my friend's house over this past weekend, went to work and bought books 3 & 4.

So has anyone else seen it?

Caitlin

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Genshiken

>o<!!

Finally!! Someone else that's seen Genshiken and likes it!! I've made a Genshiken thread a while ago but quickly died!!

I have all three volumes of the DVD with the special box and I also have the first 5 volumes of the manga that is available in the US right now(God, I wanna read it in the original Japanese...)

There are so many things in this series that us otaku can relate to...I myself was just like Sasahara a few years back so its funny to see what it was like back then.

The anime series itself was fairly short with only three volumes and 12 episodes+the three Kujibiki Unbalance episodes with one in each volume. The anime only covers the events pretty much until the begining of the fourth volume of the manga and that was a slight dissapointment to me...

...I wanted to see Ogiue in the anime!!(She's in the ending of the last episode but thats not good enough!!)

I cannot wait til the releases of the future volumes of the manga to see how the series ended.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Newbie johmi may be famous one day johmi may be famous one day
    Thanks

I wouldn't say I loved it. I voted that it's okay, but I actually think it's more than ok. It's a good, solid anime. I haven't read the manga, but I definitely liked the anime.

Otaku iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan's Avatar
    Thanks

i've yet to watch it but i read a little about what it is. its about some people wanting to create a doujin right?

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

I read volume 1 of Genshiken... and it sort of scared me!! I started listening in on conversations my friends who are male would have about like manga/anime and I was like "OMG!!" I guess I am really naive, but I totally didn't even notice they'd talk about that sort of stuff before!! >< Anyways, for all that it was sort of disturbing, I must admit that it was rather amusing as well, so I plan on buying another volume when I can ^_^
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Newbie johmi may be famous one day johmi may be famous one day
    Thanks

I forgot to mention this in my last post, but for those of you who have watched the anime, have you seen the mini series they integrated into it? I don't know what to call it.. maybe pseudo series? Doesn't matter, but it's kind of a fun watch. I don't know if other anime have pulled that off; it really adds to its creativity though. Loved how they did that.

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

It looks quite good and I would really like to see it

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

@johmi: If you enjoyed the anime then you'll love the manga. The manga goes further into the series then the anime. Like I said in my previous post the anime only goes into the begining of the 4th volume of the manga.

BTW: The mini-series is called Kujibiki Unbalance and I believe its another manga thats being published in the same magazine as Genshiken.

@mahiru: Buying the other volumes of the manga will not dissapoint you!! The manga is great!!

BTW: You should buy the anime too, they're releasing the complete box set this month!! YAY!!
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast