+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Getting Anime and Manga: Is it easy for you?

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

Re: Getting Anime and Manga: Is it easy for you?

yeah it's pretty easy for me i can get naruto vol.s at walmart, and HUGE boxsets at the asian supermarket

Newbie souledge is off to a good start souledge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    Hello everyone! Now, it is different for us all when it comes to just how easy it is for us to get anime or manga and me and my curious self is wondering how easy it is for the people here on AO to get it.

As for me, it is fairly easy for me to get anime. I can usually find tons of anime episodes on the internet and the ones I can't get I just rent through Netflix. As for manga, it is a little harder for me to get it. I have to go out of town if I want to get any sort of manga. And since I am a poor teenager and each manga costs up $10 usually, I can usually only buy 2 volumes. And the only manga I have ever found posted on the internet is the manga that have become shoot-through-the-roof popular (example: Naruto).

To put it simply, I have seen a lot more anime compared to how much manga I have read but hey I try.

So how about you guys?
    well i get anime off the computer and manga if i have money at borders

Newbie KillPuppet is off to a good start KillPuppet's Avatar
    Thanks

i buy all my anime off the net since nowhere within 50miles of me sells it

well manga i dont own any...YET! but sometime in the next week im gunna go to a bookshop thats about 13miles away and get some
    so i suppose its fairly easy for me to get both
    If your not remembered, how do you know you ever existed?

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as availability goes: I live in Japan... so it's pretty much impossible to find a book or video store that DOESN'T carry a gigantic selection of comics and videos. Unfortunately, the prohibitive pricing of DVDs (over $60 a pop new) and a tendency of things I want to read or watch to be out-of-print (anime has a strange habit of dissappearing entirely after one tv and dvd run), I no longer follow anime at all. No time, no money, and a bit of embarrassment all contribute... There isn't much anime on network tv that's aimed at adults, and a lot of the things I might be interested in watching air way after my bedtime (at 1 or 2 am).

Manga is cheaply available (about $4-8 a pop new and $1-4 used) and everything both in and out of print can usually be found within the nearby city with a bit of leg-work. I read about 5 volumes a week.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Its easy for me too. I go to Waldenbooks, Books a Million, & other book stores. I like going to F.Y.E. & Wal-mart. I buy my Inuyasha dvd sets at Wal-mart. I only paid $40 plus tax for season 3 & 1(bought separately not at once!). I bought the 2nd one at a Suncoast that went out of business. Waldens is crazy I ain't payin $100 for any dvd set. I buy the regular dvds at Fye if they're on sale. So I try not to get ripped off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6