+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread: ghost in the shell

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Re: ghost in the shell

Sounds about right to me. It's called thermal camouflage if I remember correctly. Mind you, in the original movie, the Major might have had it built in, since she was naked except for her headset covering her hair.

It can be a bit overwhelming if you come in about the middle of it, but then again there's a lot of Anime that's the same in that way. My sister is rather quick to point out just how trippy Anime is more often then not, even when it's just the first episode.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post
    Sounds about right to me. It's called thermal camouflage if I remember correctly. Mind you, in the original movie, the Major might have had it built in, since she was naked except for her headset covering her hair.

It can be a bit overwhelming if you come in about the middle of it, but then again there's a lot of Anime that's the same in that way. My sister is rather quick to point out just how trippy Anime is more often then not, even when it's just the first episode.

o thermo camo i was close lol and yes the major had it build in i think from what i am remembering.....thin agin i might be wrong too and my sister does the same thing lol oddly anough
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to look like a complete loser saying this, but is this anime really worth watching? It seems to have more of an underground following, and isn't really mentioned as much as say a Bleach, Naruto, Alchamest, or Inuyasha. I don't really know too much about Ghost in the Shell, like if the series is over yet or not, but if it gets enough praise I could be tempted to check it out. Without me having to potentially waste my time, what anime is it most like, if any. I guess if it's like something I don't like, that'll help me decide. Is it as cool as Gantz, 'cause I'd find that impossible.

Otaku crazy canadin emo kid is off to a good start crazy canadin emo kid's Avatar
    in a place whare i cant see a place whare im dead and broken
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post

i wish it wood have told just i little moure a bout the magor and that was i little odd the ever first thing was the magor gitt bilt then the magor jump out of the windo naked with the camo (wich is bilt in by the way which is cool) then shooting someone(wich i do not know who it was)then free falling down 30 feet yah

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post
    I'm going to look like a complete loser saying this, but is this anime really worth watching? It seems to have more of an underground following, and isn't really mentioned as much as say a Bleach, Naruto, Alchamest, or Inuyasha. I don't really know too much about Ghost in the Shell, like if the series is over yet or not, but if it gets enough praise I could be tempted to check it out. Without me having to potentially waste my time, what anime is it most like, if any. I guess if it's like something I don't like, that'll help me decide. Is it as cool as Gantz, 'cause I'd find that impossible.
    GitS SAC is a political thriller and one of the only anime in this genre. Which makes it hard to compare it to other anime.
    It's basically police action with brains.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post
    I'm probably not the best person to try explaning this, but I'll give it a shot.

Basically, it's set in a future where cybernetic enhancements are very commonplace, some people's entire bodies being rebuilt. This is a future where people can literally live just as much online as in the physical world. However, this has also given birth to a new type of online crime, which a Japanese group called Section 9 was formed to combat. The Major (I can never remember her actual name) is the senior field agent, with only one person above her, while Batu (bato?) is her partner, the 2 of them fully cybernetic except for a small portion of their brains. There's also a couple of others, including one with nothing except a small coms implant.

I'm not 100% sure about the series, but in the movie they're chasing a being labeled the "Puppet Master" for it's ability to hack into the cybernetically enhanced brains of people ranging from everyday Joe's to political assistants, even using one guy to get into another, then a NATO secretary through him. They track the guy hacking the secretary who runs to tell the trench coated guy who "gave him the tools to hack his wifes brain". Problem is Trenchcoat thinks he's a terrorist, is packing an Uzi armed with overpowered rounds, & he spots the cops chasing the other guy...

If I'm screwing it up, then hopefully this will help. It's about special cops tracking down the kinda crims you DON'T want coming after you, backed up by a good plot. Crims capable of things like smashing you aside with no problem (the major blocks one attack, small crater forms around her feet), blasting away with some pretty big guns, & so on. I'm yet to see Gantz, so I can't compare, but I think you might like it going off what I've seen of Gantz's previews.

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

hay did anyone happen to see saturdays episode i missed it too so i never got to see what happend lol and i realy wanna stay on track with what is happening
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Thanks

Sorry mate, haven't seen it in a while. Been busy, especially last weekend with a Federal election Saturday & roaming around Perth Sun. Didn't get the chance to stay up & watch it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast