+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ghost in the Shell

Newbie Prince Neo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Question Ghost in the Shell

Hey guys,

Sorry, I am new to these forums. I would just like to ask a question;

I recently bought 'Ghost in the shell' and 'Ghost in the shell - stand alone complex' (complete collection) via an online store...

The only problem I have is that I desperately want to watch the movie, but the 'stand alone complex' has arrived first, with the 'Ghost in the shell' still being shipped over.

I just wanted to ask, without you revealing the story ( ), whether or not it would be better if I waited for the 'Ghost in the shell' before watching the 'stand alone complex'.

Also, if you could please supply a list of the different 'Ghost in the shell' movies in order and a rough description of their timeline and relevance to the story that would be awesome. Just to make sure I watch them in series, and not ruin th story. E.g. The sequal to '...'. Or, the series prequal to the movie '...'.

It is just like when I got 'Inception', 'Avatar', and 'The Last Samurai', so I think you will understand my excitement about wanting to watch the movie.

Thanks for your help guys.

~Prince Neo

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ghost in the Shell

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The movie 'Ghost in the Shell' and the TV series 'Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex' are independent of each other, (but both inspired by the same Manga series), so other then the character personalities/relationships, little else is given away by watching one of the other...

There is only one other movie of the franchise, which would be 'Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence' which is more or less a sequel of the original movie... There is also 'Ghost in the Shell 2.0' which is the original movie redone with improved CGI graphic scenes...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Thanks dude.

What do you think of the movies btw?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong, LenMiyata, but doesn't SAC take place before the Ghost in the Shell movies? Like a super long prequel of sorts?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, LenMiyata, but doesn't SAC take place before the Ghost in the Shell movies? Like a super long prequel of sorts?
    As I stated in my first post, SAC is independent of the Ghost in the Shell 'Movie Universe' And the fact that there are no Tachikoma (self-aware spider tanks) in the movie supports this...

Otaku Kuzalagloopagloop is off to a good start Kuzalagloopagloop's Avatar
    Thanks

The movie is good. The show should be called Ghost and the boring because all they do is talk talk talk talk talk and damn talk. Its like they watched DBZ and Initial-D and were like "ok how can we drag it out even more." Still a good anime though especially the last EP's.

Thanks

I am actually finding the SAC much more entertaining. The movie just seemed like another extended episode.

I think I am missing something here though...

In the opening to the SAC series, theres is a video with the song "Inner Universe".

Can someone please explain how the video was made for this opening. I mean, the graphics are a lot more intense. I thought they came from the movie, but when I watched the movie, it was of roughly the same quality as the series.

There are also a lot more ideas introduced in the opening, for example, past history of the girl. That toy doll plays a very significant part in the symbolic meaning of her past.

The movie also missed out the Techikoma machines, with only one huge boss at the end. It also failed to fully introduce the characters and how they came to be.

I know there is a deep history with the girl and how she turned into a machine, but the movie and SAC are very vague showing only mere references to her past.

Also, there surely must be more introductions with how the technology came to be, at least more information regarding the making of this technology. For example, the making of Human-machines? The process? What happens? How is it done? Again, it is very vague, and there are only mere references.

Am I just dreaming, or is there actually more?
    Last edited by Prince Neo; Mar 24, 2011 at 01:24 AM.

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Neo View Post
    I know there is a deep history with the girl and how she turned into a machine, but the movie and SAC are very vague showing only mere references to her past.

Also, there surely must be more introductions with how the technology came to be, at least more information regarding the making of this technology. For example, the making of Human-machines? The process? What happens? How is it done? Again, it is very vague, and there are only mere references.

Am I just dreaming, or is there actually more?
    Actually, this is one of the sub-plots of 'Ghost in the Shell SAC: 2nd Gig', the 2nd season of the series....

+ Reply to Thread