Closed Thread

Thread: Giant Robot animes

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Giant Robot animes

From what I can remember the recent titles with giant robots in it are: Gravion, Gravion Zwei, Eureka 7, Kannazuki no Miko, and Gohdanner.

FYI: I didn't include any of the Gundam series cuz they're a whole genre by them selves (in my opinion).

I'm wondering what happened to the "classic" robot anime? The ones such as Majinger Z, Combattler V, Getter Robo, and so on. I mean the recent tiltes are very good but there's something that they lack that the classics had. I mean Gohdanner is doing a good job of keeping it "old-school" stlye but still...

The releases of Majin Kaiser, and Shin- Getter Robo was great and all but are they ever gonna release the originals?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the recent releases of the Giant Robot genre and if you've seen any of the classic ones I'd like to hear your opinion on it too.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku mechataku may be famous one day mechataku may be famous one day mechataku's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Giant Robot animes

first off, i LOVE the giant robot genre(thats how i got my username)...the difference between the "classic" giant robot animes and the newer ones has got to be the designs... older robots were rounded, while a lot of the newer ones are geometric...plus a lot of the newer robot animes have teen-angst ridden main characters... while older one had the pure hero main character(tetsugen 29...at least i think thats what its called... haven't really delved into the older animes..of any genre..yet)

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

very true to what mechataku said they have changed quite alot and deal with teens like graviation or FMP

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

well if you ever played and a fan of the super robot wars game genre those super robots will still be alive.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't normally watch this genre, but recently I came across one called Sousei no Aquarion. It is a short 26 epi and is hilarious during the robot transformations...watch it, and u'll know what i mean

o~Piggy-san~o

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mechataku
    first off, i LOVE the giant robot genre(thats how i got my username)...the difference between the "classic" giant robot animes and the newer ones has got to be the designs... older robots were rounded, while a lot of the newer ones are geometric...plus a lot of the newer robot animes have teen-angst ridden main characters... while older one had the pure hero main character(tetsugen 29...at least i think thats what its called... haven't really delved into the older animes..of any genre..yet)
    Wow!! You're talkin about "Tetsujin 28 gou" -aka Gigantor previously aired on [AS] for a short period of time. Yeah you're right, the recent robot pilots are all teens with less passion...
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Closed Thread