+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gonzo changing the way of anime?

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Gonzo changing the way of anime?

Alright for the past 2 months I have been watching this anime called The Tower Of DRUAGA - the Aegis of URUK. Gonzo has released this anime online. Basically you can watch it for free online. The official website links to youtube and crunchyroll and it has a list of all the available anime. You can also download the episodes from the website but I'm not too sure how exactly (I can't read Japanese). It comes with subtitles done by the actual company.

The Tower of DRUAGA -the Aegis of URUK-

Anyway, my question is if more companies start doing this, could it end the whole gray area of fan subs and what is licensed and isn't? If all anime was available for download online at the exact time it airs in Japan, could we see a change in anime?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gonzo changing the way of anime?

My question would be the quality of the downloaded content.

Lets face it, the more recent subs being done are coming from HD recorded Raws, I highly doubt that the copies avliable for download are of that quality.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I really don't know how you could say that. Fansubs are recordings off of what comes on TV. No matter what kind of equipment you have you can never have a perfect copy. Also they have to cut out commercials and sponsors. Furthermore unless you know the language by heart, you have no idea if the subs are what the translation should be. Atleast if its from the company you know you get what your supposed to get.

Also I downloaded one episode and its available in HD.

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime in HD that doesn't sound half bad. But solking has a point somewhere the quality isn't just the main the thing downloaders are looking for in downloaded animes. Sometimes it might be if it's ripped or licensed content based on the company itself. But that's mainly my opinion. Come to think isn't there downloadable versions of Gonzo's: WitchBlade and Speed Grapher.

.:Seize The World With Knowlegde:.

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt the HD available from Gonzo and the HD from fansubs are any different. They're not going to put dvd quality episodes online or no one would buy their dvd's.

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

I only spend money on anime when I have it. An example of this:

I finally bought ''The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya'' Limited Edition. Why? Because I saw before hand the series from the net and had a little extra at hand. I'd say the best way to make money with anime from companies is to create some form of hype that internet downloads cannot compete against. Though the thing about the pricing is quite steep, 275$ for 13 episodes and a few bonuses is somewhat expensive.

As for direct downloads from the net for anime viewing......I guess it's worth a shot trying. It will probably depend if people want to just watch it ASAP or wait to buy it. Some might want to go the easy way and wait for a torrent, others might jump at the fastest way to get it, being direct download and around 2$ or so an episode ....can't remember the price I saw last time I went to see. We'll see if it works in a few months.

I'll probably end up trying this method out some time, but right now food is a luxary for me, anime being........out of mind for the time being.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

+ Reply to Thread