Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Good cry Anime.

Newbie Shuntrodrick is off to a good start Shuntrodrick's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Good cry Anime.

check this out, bleach is good cry anime, that main renji lose alot of blood main. make me wanna cry, give that main some bandaids

Otaku bcvl1124 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Hmm... Well Card captor Sakura is sad but in the end it's romance. But Tsubasa Chronicles is sad I guess... But the most sad anime that I cried is Kyou Kara Maou at the ending. I won't spoil it. It's for you to find out instead.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't come across an anime that brought me to the edge of tears.. but I can surely call out some names that which had my little sister bawl her precious eyes out. *five minutes slip by* After deep recollection, I present you with these few titles:

- Black Cat.
    - Fruits Basket.
    - Voices of a Distant star!
    - Marmalade Boy!
    - Wolf's Rain!!
    - Please Save My Earth!!!
    - Saishuu heiki kanojo.

~!!! I have only watched Fruits Basket and Wolf's Rain with her, so I really can't tell much about the rest I mentioned.. but I am sure they all have moments that will drive a few tears out of your eyes... Anyways, as for Fruits Baskets, episodes that revealed Momiji's mother, Hitori's past and Kyou's transformation were the ones that got my sister very emotional.... and pretty much all the very last episodes in Wolf's Rain made her cry to no end. Wolf's Rain also has beautiful soundtracks, which you might enjoy! That's no wonder seeing Kanno Youko composed the music ~! Anyways, please look in the ones I mentioned, I am sure at least a few will satisfy your desire to cry. And, I would highly suggest you to look into what Gren has mentioned! Ok, I will leave it at that.

+I had to rush with this response, but pound me with questions if anyone has any. Thanks!+
    Last edited by kedar; May 13, 2007 at 09:23 PM.

Newbie Chrono12 may be famous one day Chrono12 may be famous one day Chrono12's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets see...I've never really cryed watching an anime show but i've come pretty close. Here are a few that got me close to crying:
    Wolf's Rain
    Chrono Crusade
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Blood + (I just started watching this one but its pretty sad in the beginning)
    Saiyuki

And Some Good Angsty Anime Movies:
    Grave of the Fireflys
    Barefoot Gen 1 & 2
    FMA Conquer of Shambala

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Another good cry-anime would be that "here and now, then and gone" I think I got the name wrong though, been a long time since I watched it. As previously mentioned, grave of the fireflies will make you cry damn near the whole movie. If after watching all these movies/anime's you still need to cry, or that these weren't sad enough, I can send you a box of kittens without heads, that usually does the trick^^

PS: I love kittens and would never harm an animal :P

「Someone」 Goo Slasher Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Rapid Motion Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion, Flower Girl Champion KuwiRules145 is off to a good start KuwiRules145's Avatar
    Thanks

I also say Jigoku Shoujo like what White Wolf tried to say. It's real sad of what happen to some people especially in season TWO, Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori!!!!
    「When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead」

Otaku Shermanator may be famous one day Shermanator may be famous one day
    Thanks

well since i have seen it...i would say the Love Hina Christmas special...however that is a special not the entire series... but it did almost bring a tear to my eyes. but kenshin has some tear-jerking moments. yu-yu hakusho also has some moments where its just awwwww. but those series arent entire sad stories. so meh.

In every world, the God’s always make the rules. You will fall before my fake rules, and for the sin of going against the new world’s God, die.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    The most gut-wrenching anime I've seen to date would be "Grave of the Fireflies". It tells the story of a young boy dealing with change and loss during WWII. I won't say too much more, but this one's definitely a tear-jerker.

And just a reminder...if you have a suggestion, please post more than just the name of an anime and "it was sad".
    Oh this would definentally be the best in my opinion. I have never come across a title quite like this one. It was horribly moving in my opinion, and the only reason why I finished is because I am a great fan of Studio Ghibli. My brother on the other hand couldn't even finish it. He watched probably 1/3 and just set the thing aside and didn't even bother saying why. That may sound pretty pathetic, but it was a shock I suppose. If I was a serious drinker, I would be holding up a glass of Jack Daniels and staring off into the darkness of a stormy night.

I would like to add onto Gren's post and say that the boy is Japanese and the story is about his change and loss in Japan during WWII. The simple details can make a difference.

I have read a bit into the reviews and this has been considered one of the most powerful anit-war movies ever made, considered by critics such as Robert Ebert. The story of this anime is based off of the semi-autobiographic novel by the same name. The interpretation of the movie only left me speachless and confused myself. Since I have read reviews afterwards, it only leaves me at a disatvantage on the reasoning behind the 'essence and motive' behind the creation.

I would suggest you pick this title up. Not only can it move you to tears, but it is perhaps one of the best titles(if not the best), I have ever picked up.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast