Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Guilty Anime

Newbie misschococat may be famous one day misschococat may be famous one day misschococat's Avatar
    Thanks

Guilty Anime

Don't you notice when someone says "Oh, Yeah!!! I love anime!!!" I love watching Gundam Seed, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist etc. ", no one admits to liking the "Guilty" animes. Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh!, Digimon, Avatar, Shaman King, Cardcaptor Sakura, Zatch Bell. You know what I mean?... I admit, they are specifically targeted for young children, but I just can't help myself! I am hooked! I cannot think of anything better to do on a Friday night, than to watch the lineup on YTV. Naruto, Zatch Bell, Inu Yasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach...wow. I suffer for it the next day though. Working the weekends suck. Back to the anime though.
    Pokemon is great. It has been around for a decade now. Who doesn't own something Pokemon? Video game, movie, trading cards, stuffed toy? I own them all, disgusting but true. Ok now. Digimon. This is a tough one. I only enjoyed the first season of the cartoon, but LOVED the movie. So cute. Yu Gi Oh! LOVE IT!!! I own every single game, I even own the movie. But...the new series sucks. Admit it. It does. Shaman King, my kids are hooked on it, me...so-so. Cardcaptors, miss it. Why doesn't anyone air this show anymore? I'm saving for the boxed sets. Zatch Bell, Big Guilty Pleasure for me. I hate admitting I watch this show, let alone like it. Now Avatar, is something you make excuses just to watch. Like "There's nothing else on" and my fave "I'm not watching it, the kids are!!!" What about you guys? I know I'm not the only one.

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Guilty Anime

Well for me I watch the anime if I think its good I don't really care if its for kids or anything, as long as its good I like it and c.c.s and shaman king are pretty good. ^-^

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Newbie ArcBound may be famous one day ArcBound may be famous one day ArcBound's Avatar
    Thanks

It doesn't matter to me either if I like it I will watch it.

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Some anime are some what embarrassed to admit that you like it. I enjoy pretear, a classic shoujo but I wouldn't deny it if some one asked me if I watch it and enjoy it.

Just don't refuse to watch a anime from looks, because I've done that and regretted it, like Full moon wa Sagashite, Kanon etc. Couldn't believe I put off these anime because of the big eyes =S.

As for the anime you listed, I think pretty much everyone agree that Pokemon was a good anime and was a big hit back in 97(?)+. I only have Pokemon related games for my gameboy color. Red, yellow, the card game and pinball.

CCS was another anime I put off because I thought it was too "girlish" until I watched late at night (4:30am) on Teletoon one summer. Then for the obvious reason I got the subs and I loved it.

Digimon was good too, I think the only season I actually followed was the first one. As for the other season, only watched it if I can catch it.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

~.~ I like Digimon the Movie~ I saw it in the Movies~ I bought the CD too~

~.~ Still listen to it~ And the 1 - 2 season kicks butt~ >.<;;

*stamps loser on head*

And I like Jessie, and James and Meow on Pokemon.

I thought Seto on Yu Gi Oh was the coolest. ~.~
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

I understand what you mean. There are alot of people who are in-the-closet, about certain anime. I suppose it's because its similar to the acts of not shopping at certain stores, listening to a type of music/certain bands or even hanging out with certain people - because they're not mainstream, or considered to childish or too girly, or just simply embarassing ^^;

I'm pretty open about my 'guilty pleasures' ^.^ If people say something bad about them, I just respond with a 'whatever ^^' or defend it, or ask 'well why don't you like it?' Answers like "Its gay" "it sucks!" and "Cause your a kid" don't make the passable cut and aren't even worth considering

From the shows listed above, my guilty pleasures includes the Pokemon anime/games (I was just thinking that we didn't really have a thread for these) and Inu Yasha (my recent year of high school revealed only the fangirls seemed to like the series). And then sometimes I do find myself watching the Yu Gi Oh or Card Captors (when it was on) dubs - why? I found them hilarious ^_^
    Instead of getting angry and declaring abstinence against the shows, I'll watch it and just enjoy it ^^; and sometimes with a friend, we have a good time making fun of and pointing out the mistakes
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Otaku Schwarze may be famous one day Schwarze may be famous one day Schwarze's Avatar
    Thanks

Yoo I like Pokemon too!! I almost never miss it every Sunday in my place, and I never tired to watch it (even the never-ending appearance of team rocket...^^). O I also enjoyed every series of Digimon too.
    I think we watch anime for fun, not to compare with someone's else interest.
    No matter how 'childish' the anime is, as long we enjoy it, why not?

Lives link to one another, and the world continues...

Newbie Yippy123 may be famous one day Yippy123 may be famous one day Yippy123's Avatar
    Thanks

*laughs* haha i know what u mean! no one wants to admit watching the animes that target a younger age group.
    As long as its good then it doesnt really matter
    Hmm i personally like Teen Titans! Raven rocks with her "azaroth metrion zinthos" yes im sad ^^
    Oh i used to love pokemon too. I spent all my money on pokemon cards i was such an idiot back then! I still have them... lol but im not too keen on digimon though O.o or even yu-gi-oh sry *hides*

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast