+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: .Hack series.

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: .Hack series.

:] Nice. As far as .hack//sign though, I've only seen like 7 episodes. It's really sad. I loved it though, it was a sweet show.

Thanks Pyroo. :]

A Returning Soul Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustLoseIt View Post
    :] Nice. As far as .hack//sign though, I've only seen like 7 episodes. It's really sad. I loved it though, it was a sweet show.
    The show was really delving into human emotions which I really love and the whole online gaming realm that back then wasn't really tapped into yet. And by God if anyone now mentions World of Warcraft be prepared for a Twitchy RAGE!
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22388&dateline=123367  5260

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

:] Not a fan of WoW eh? Never tried it. Never want to. Wish it would explode into a million pieces and die.

But anyhow, yeah I wish I coulda seen more of it.

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Newbie FRITZ is off to a good start FRITZ's Avatar
    Thanks

The .Hack series is a good one because it's based on an online game like e.g. World of warcraft and Guild wars. some people like it and some love it like myself. It's god a good story line too.

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

It's an ok show, it was more like a series that was made to promote the game then the anime, just like the others in the same series.

A Returning Soul Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    It's an ok show, it was more like a series that was made to promote the game then the anime, just like the others in the same series.
    To you its just a marketing device. None of the games were based off of .hack//sign if you haven't noticed. I can agree that the other .hack series were probably marketing devices to sell the game. But never say that about my .hack//sign.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22388&dateline=123367  5260

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    To you its just a marketing device. None of the games were based off of .hack//sign if you haven't noticed. I can agree that the other .hack series were probably marketing devices to sell the game. But never say that about my .hack//sign.
    If that was the case then why
     click to show spoiler
    is it that each series leaves off like their is more story that needs to be told to the audience. it's cool that you like this show, I like it too, otherwise I would not own the series, but you got to look at the big picture and see that it was selling it self to the audience otherwise their would not be an video game series based on the anime (but with different characters, same universe). I can give you another series that did the same, Zoids, it was made to sell the toy line, I liked the series but like I said, it was a marketing device to sell you the toys. Every toy has a marketing device like Naruto (headbands), and so on and so on, I understand that you feel like you have to defend your show but like I said, just because it was used to sell something doesn't mean that it was bad, otherwise I would not own the show.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    If that was the case then why
     click to show spoiler
    is it that each series leaves off like their is more story that needs to be told to the audience. it's cool that you like this show, I like it too, otherwise I would not own the series, but you got to look at the big picture and see that it was selling it self to the audience otherwise their would not be an video game series based on the anime (but with different characters, same universe). I can give you another series that did the same, Zoids, it was made to sell the toy line, I liked the series but like I said, it was a marketing device to sell you the toys. Every toy has a marketing device like Naruto (headbands), and so on and so on, I understand that you feel like you have to defend your show but like I said, just because it was used to sell something doesn't mean that it was bad, otherwise I would not own the show.
    I have played the games up to Outbreak and I must say that I did not see anything that had a big deal to do with .hack//sign. All I could see is maybe having the characters being introduced but I dont see how that makes .hack//sign a marketing device to sell the games. I do see however that the .hack games were using the success of .hack//sign.

What I'm trying to say is that .hack//sign was not originally intended to be a marketing device.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast