Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: Happy or Sad endings

Newbie The Melancholy is off to a good start The Melancholy's Avatar
    Forks, Washington.....if you read it then you get it
    Thanks

Re: Happy or Sad endings

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Cowboy Bebop had a sas ending and it ended with a "Bang!"
    But you have to think that it was a happy ending for Spike. Yes it was sad that Julia died but Spike was going to Kill Viscious by any means necessary and if he would have lived he would have been in pain for the rest of his life because Julia was gone for the second time in his life. So him dieing is what brought peace to him. Plus Faye remembering her past and Ed going on with her father. I thought it was a very happy ending. And yes it was a bang, a very big bang!

!THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA ROCKS!

A Returning Soul Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Melancholy View Post
    But you have to think that it was a happy ending for Spike. Yes it was sad that Julia died but Spike was going to Kill Viscious by any means necessary and if he would have lived he would have been in pain for the rest of his life because Julia was gone for the second time in his life. So him dieing is what brought peace to him. Plus Faye remembering her past and Ed going on with her father. I thought it was a very happy ending. And yes it was a bang, a very big bang!
    I have to disagree with you on a few points. I think it was a sad ending for all of them. Julia dying made it worse for Spike and we will never know that if he planned to die or not. Faye had a sad ending because she did find out her past but nothing good came of it. Everyone she knew was dead. Ed was never with her father in the end. Her father left her again to chase an asteroid or meteor crash. She was going after her father. Ed and Ian probably had the happy ending. Jet was losing his best friend and really the only person he actually trusted. So of course he had a sad ending.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22388&dateline=123367  5260

Newbie KuroKageSama is off to a good start KuroKageSama's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: Happy or Sad endings

Hello. Yes I am new on the forum but I would like to say befoer I introduce myself in the Introduce MySelf section that I enjoy happy endings much more! There so much more satisfying than sad endings, which leave me feeling dark thoughts and give sadness. Even happy ends can bring a tear to a eye (but happy ones not sad)!

Newbie The Melancholy is off to a good start The Melancholy's Avatar
    Forks, Washington.....if you read it then you get it
    Thanks

I have to disagree with you on a few points. I think it was a sad ending for all of them. Julia dying made it worse for Spike and we will never know that if he planned to die or not. Faye had a sad ending because she did find out her past but nothing good came of it. Everyone she knew was dead. Ed was never with her father in the end. Her father left her again to chase an asteroid or meteor crash. She was going after her father. Ed and Ian probably had the happy ending. Jet was losing his best friend and really the only person he actually trusted. So of course he had a sad ending.

I see your point and I acknowledge your opinion but I guess its just a matter of how you see it. I think Spike is better off dead so he doesn't have to worry or live with the memory of Julia dieing and so that he can finally rest. I think Ed and Ian are happier on going off on their little journey and were to bored just sitting on the ship for most of the time. I think Faye might be sad but is happy to finally put a close on her old life and continue on with her new one. I believe Jet feels some remorse towards Spikes death, but is happy with the fact that his best friend is in a better place and also destroyed his life long enemy. Its all up to your point of view on life and the characters that will decide if you think that it was a sad ending. Unless we can talk to the creator and ask him we will never know exactly how we are suppose to feel lol.

!THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA ROCKS!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Melancholy For This Useful Post:

Twitchy (Jan 22, 2009)

A Returning Soul Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Melancholy View Post
    I see your point and I acknowledge your opinion but I guess its just a matter of how you see it. I think Spike is better off dead so he doesn't have to worry or live with the memory of Julia dieing and so that he can finally rest. I think Ed and Ian are happier on going off on their little journey and were to bored just sitting on the ship for most of the time. I think Faye might be sad but is happy to finally put a close on her old life and continue on with her new one. I believe Jet feels some remorse towards Spikes death, but is happy with the fact that his best friend is in a better place and also destroyed his life long enemy. Its all up to your point of view on life and the characters that will decide if you think that it was a sad ending. Unless we can talk to the creator and ask him we will never know exactly how we are suppose to feel lol.
    I do acknowledge your views as well and I can see where your coming from. So we all agree that it comes down to Spikes death and why he died and what he died for. But I must say let us in this before it takes over this thread and before this turns into a undesirable heated debate that might create some unwanted tension.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22388&dateline=123367  5260

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Twitchy For This Useful Post:

The Melancholy (Jan 22, 2009)

Newbie McClure is off to a good start McClure's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got old-fashioned artistic tastes, so I go for happy endings, provided that the plot naturally and smoothly leads to one. Think Capra, or Miyazaki.
    Time to rock 'n roll... Whoo-hoo!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McClure View Post
    I've got old-fashioned artistic tastes, so I go for happy endings, provided that the plot naturally and smoothly leads to one. Think Capra, or Miyazaki.
    This explains why you have the main character of .hack as your avatar. The main theme of the story was very depressing but the ending was a very happy one.

Newbie McClure is off to a good start McClure's Avatar
    Thanks

This explains why you have the main character of .hack as your avatar. The main theme of the story was very depressing but the ending was a very happy one.
    To tell the truth, Twitchy, I haven't seen .hack yet... Yet since you put it that way, I will. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Time to rock 'n roll... Whoo-hoo!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8