+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hate it??

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Hate it??

I believe this site is mostly Anime Fans... I myself is an anime fanatic.. *clears throat* lets get to the main point here then...

Hate? What in anime that make you hate the anime? Yes... the main things that made an anime not good to you... Why would you hate an anime..? Give some examples and state your reasons please ^^

I'll look through the posts and tell my opinion for it

I am looking for high quality anime i hope i wont get animes where people don't know...

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hate it??

I hate (in a more extreme sense) an anime if it looks like something i've seen before to the point that it becomes sort of a rip-off. Of course, the looks-something-like-*that anime* syndrome is common in anime-dom. But there is a big difference between look-alikes and blatant rip-offs. There are lots of similar shows out there, the mecha genre for example. They may have looked similar overall but they never fail(most of the time, but there are still lots of bad mecha shows out there) to show us something new without destroying the elements that iconographize their genre. However, there are shows that fail in this category, sure they follow the genre per se but they fail to give a sense of uniqueness.

Examples: Yu-Yu Hakusho(the GOOD)-Flame of recca(the BAD), Sailormoon(the GOOD)-most similar shows that tried to follow its footsteps(the BAD)...

Another thing that turns me off is bad art and poor animation considering the technological capabilities of its time and the artistic style. Budget is one thing but there's a thin line between making the BEST out of it and making the MOST.

Example: Gundam SEED, yes SEED coz i think it went over the top in how it was animationally and artistically executed-the characters only tho...IMO

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Ok people call Shin Chan an anime And i hate that one! See this little 5 yr old kid is running around saying gross stuff, and personally i think its a diss to the anime society.
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Fan service. Fan service. Wholly unnecesary fan service. Granted, with some animes its expected and probably advertised as such from the get go, but some animes I feel would be a heck of a lot better off without it. I remember Full Metal Panic being guilty of it a couple of times, and it seemed so out of place to me(Really, one of the only things I didn't like about the show). Ugh.

Second would be the dreaded flash back episodes. Sure, if its only an episode or two, but sometimes it just gets rediculous. Tenjou Tenge, anyone? One thing about flash backs is that you ultimately know the end result before you even watch it, which again, is okay in small doses for the purposes of fleshing out an event somewhat, but too much, and it just flatlines the anime.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Fan service. Fan service. Wholly unnecesary fan service. Granted, with some animes its expected and probably advertised as such from the get go, but some animes I feel would be a heck of a lot better off without it. I remember Full Metal Panic being guilty of it a couple of times, and it seemed so out of place to me(Really, one of the only things I didn't like about the show). Ugh.

Second would be the dreaded flash back episodes. Sure, if its only an episode or two, but sometimes it just gets rediculous. Tenjou Tenge, anyone? One thing about flash backs is that you ultimately know the end result before you even watch it, which again, is okay in small doses for the purposes of fleshing out an event somewhat, but too much, and it just flatlines the anime.
    In Tenjou Tenge, the flashback part is actually the biggest part of the anime and the most important part. That's not how typical reiteration episodes work. Those repeat events which have already happened in past episodes.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

o.o well for me?

Well at first it was the Anime art, but I had to look past that, because some of the best Anime has bad art. My big brother showed me that.

Now RahXephon what a sad Anime with good art, and good Music too. So right now its when the Anime and Art don't live up with each other. It annoys meh. >.>
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by highteckdudu View Post
    Ok people call Shin Chan an anime And i hate that one! See this little 5 yr old kid is running around saying gross stuff, and personally i think its a diss to the anime society.
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you've only watched the US dub that airs on [AS]. Seriously, dont judge an anime until you're able to watch it in its original glory. (althought the word "glory" doesnt really apply to shin-chan, origianlly known as "Crayon Shin-chan")

That brings me to one of my dislikes of anime. Dubs and edits that literally KILLS the anime. Shin-chan was originally a mostly "clean" kids' comedy. (exception of Shin's occasional half-nakedness and his perviness for a child) Couple other animes that fit into this would be series such as "ONEPIECE", and even "Bo-bobo-bo-bobobo", "Yugioh", etc. The recent aired eps of ONEPIECE are much better than the 4kids TV edit+dub but still, it is far from its original glory. The same can be said for Yugioh. In Bo-bobo's case...well, actually it was just a difficultly of translation and reference. OK, so maybe this didnt apply to this case but...

Another hate: Shifitng art quality DURING series running. I can understand if there is differences in sequels, etc. (such as in the Saber Marionette series) Although its rarely seen or noticable...hell, even cared for, in some of the shorter series the art style differs quite differently from episode to episode...mainly due to the continuous shifting of staff, etc. but still. I mainly noticed this when I watched "Galaxy Angel". Sure, each ep is 15min and yes, the staff does shift around but still...I like to see a constant style and quality in the work of art.

...or maybe its just me?

OH!! Another hate: When an anime's story shifts so far from the original manga/games/etc. or is poorly interpreted. One anime that I hoped to get into was "Hakaima Sadamitsu/Sadamitsu the Destroyer". I became a fan of the series in literally an hour after I picked up the manga. 1 hour after I finised reading the first volume I ran out and bought the DVD set. Dissapointment. I know that the staff tried but compared to the original manga storyline...well, theres nothing to compare. The manga is just seriously great, the anime storyline cant be compared to it. That much of a difference. (._.) Although this is just my own opinion on the matter so...
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Modern shoujo manga/anime.

Once upon a time, shoujo manga was the "heavy" stuff. It was deeper, darker and edgier than just about everything going on with the boys. Girls wanted romances, gender-bending and tragedies while boys wanted tournaments, childhood friends and magical powers. Shoujo was AWESOME once... Ribon no Kishi, Rose of Versailles, Please Save My Earth, Hagio Moto, etc. etc.

But then girls got shallow as hell and Japan's idea of feminism became being a total b**** who sleeps with guys on the first date, hikes her skirt 1 cm below her pantyline and has all the coolest clothes. Now shoujo manga is a cesspool of shallow, materialistic crap that pisses me off. It's all either the female equivalent of idiotic harem comedy (with a cast of hot male stereotypes all in love with the same mary-sue character) or some hyper-sexualized romance about some gorgeous, slim, fashionable, girlie-girl whose life revolves around cute things, expensive clothing and her boyfriend. It's commercial, vapid, overtly sexual and promotes everything I've ever hated about Japanese women and the Japanese view of women in general.

For about 15 years now, virtually every shoujo title I've picked up has made me want to get a sex change and distance myself forever from this miserable gender >_<;

Shoujo needs a revival... BADLY.

Seinen is the new shoujo. Guts and breasts go better with gender-bending, tragedy and angst anyway. I suppose I'll live.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast