Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hayao Miyazaki!

Newbie jackpsp may be famous one day jackpsp may be famous one day jackpsp's Avatar
    Thanks

Hayao Miyazaki!

What are some of your Favorite movies or shows by the master mind Hayao Miyazaki, and why?

Me, I really can't say, there are to many great ones like, Princess Mononoke and Porco Rosso, just to name two.
    From the Diprashon of failure comes the strive for Success.

Newbie Sakura14 may be famous one day Sakura14 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Hayao Miyazaki!

Whispers Of the Heart, The Cat Returns, Spirited Away, and Howl's moving castels. Miyazaki's movie's are great I like em cuz their very cute like whisper's of the heart and their just very good to see again and again

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I've only seen three of his movies. Howl's moving castle, Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. Out of those three I would have to say Princess Mononoke is my favorite. I love how he twists things around in the story, like Lady Aboshi being evil but at the same time being good. I didn't really know who to side with in the story becuase of this, and it was very frustrating to see Prince Akitasha in the movie so nuetral. The whole time I was thinking "damnit, pick a side! NOW!" lol. It's a very heart wrenching story with great visuals and characters, I've probably watched it more than ten times, as well as with the other two.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Newbie AnimeFreakDizzy may be famous one day AnimeFreakDizzy may be famous one day AnimeFreakDizzy's Avatar
    Thanks

the man is a genius, I wonder if they have a box set of his movies
    Hassun killed this signature.
    Read the rules.

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

One of my favorite animes directed by him is Nassicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I love how the princess has a great power to control and tame the animals. I beileve it is one of his best works.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Spirited Away was a movie unto it's own. It got my mother to sit down and watch a bit of anime! That's just too weird. And the soundtrack? Was absolutely beautiful.

Howl's Moving Castle wasnt as great as Spirited Away. I didnt really get a connection with the main character. And the soundtrack? It was a reminder of the Spirited Away one. Nothing of the soundtrack seemed original to that movie.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Princess Mononoke is my faaaaavourite anime....ever.....evah!

A couple months ago on Turner Classic Movies they had a month devoted entirely to Miyazaki films, and played a line up of his films every thursday. Of course, with my luck, I only found out about it on the last week, so I was only able to record a couple of his films. I missed the good ones that I really wanted to see (Nausicaa, and a couple others), but I still saw a few good ones.....

My friend and I rented 'Howl's Moving Castle,' but I can't say I really liked the story....it started out okay, but the film just wasn't that good.....The one thing that did stand out was the artwork and scenery, etc.....the art was excellent, and I probably enjoyed that most out of the movie.

But if I had to choose #1, it's definately Princess Mononoke, no doubt

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Newbie NarutoCheriki may be famous one day NarutoCheriki may be famous one day
    Thanks

I really love Hayao Miyazaki's work. They are all Very creative, imaginative and beautiful.
    The man is an art genius!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast