Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hayao Miyazaki!

Newbie nako90 may be famous one day nako90 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Hayao Miyazaki!

Quote Originally Posted by jackpsp View Post
    What are some of your Favorite movies or shows by the master mind Hayao Miyazaki, and why?

Me, I really can't say, there are to many great ones like, Princess Mononoke and Porco Rosso, just to name two.
    i like elementar gerad and chronocrusade are u a girl cause iwant one to chat on with

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

I greatly admire Hayao Miyazaki for what he has done in the anime movie industry, on how his creations have inspired viewers. His movies are such wonderful stories! (not to mention the background music that has also worked well its element in making the movies captivating. I think Joe Hisaishi also deserves an applause!) I believe Miyazaki's stories have quite a different tone from the other animes we usually watch, something that sets it far apart from the others. It must be the lessons he is trying to portray, moral lessons hard to miss, wherein all peoples can relate to it and feel the message he is trying to reach out. His tales have become an inspiration for me, as I am sure it has done to others. Even my older sister, who is not an anime "goer", proclaimed Miyazaki's "Grave of the Fireflies" as her favorite movie of all time. Her explanation: It changed her perception of children forever...

His movies that I have watched in order: Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service (I loved the flying!), My Neighbor Totoro (So cute!). The last one that I saw was Howl's Moving Castle. It's a lovely tale, but has a bit complicated plot...

I have to say that I liked "Spirited Away" the best. It has that kind of fairy tale fantasy feel to it that I adore most of all. The version that I liked better was the English one though, because Chiharu had a child's voice in the English version; she had a more mature voice, sort of like a teen's, in the Japanese one. I think a child's voice fits better in a fairy tale; that's just my opinion. All in all, I loved all of Miyazaki's movies anyhow; they're all awe-inspiring and uplifting to the spirit! Most of them show how a light of hope can always exist ^^ amidst difficulties. My only complaint is that his endings always leave something missing for me, as if I still want to watch more what would happen, even though the movie's over. There is something lacking in his movies' endings. They don't live up to the excitement the earlier part of the movie has brought, but that's just my opinion. I guess from how exciting his stories are, I am always expecting a sort of fireworks ultimate happy ending, but that's just me. I noticed that Miyazaki's movie endings leave a rather calm impression.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eleonne View Post
    Grave of the Fireflies
    Though that's a studio Ghibli's movie, it was not done by Miyazaki-san himself.. It's a movie done by Takahata Isao, who is a colleague of Miyazaki-san!! He has also done other delightful movies such as Omohide Poro Poro and My Neighbors the Yamadas [Hohokekyo Tonari no Yamada-kun]. Sorry, I am not trying to act as a smartass here. Just thought I should inform this to you.

im a ninja-u cant c me bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk's Avatar
    Thanks

fome me it is wisper of the heart, spirted away, casle in the sky, nassica of the wind and many many many MANY othere becuse they are just so awsome. manly i love all of his movies. i love the colors. there so good

IM BACK

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    Though that's a studio Ghibli's movie, it was not done by Miyazaki-san himself.. It's a movie done by Takahata Isao, who is a colleague of Miyazaki-san!! He has also done other delightful movies such as Omohide Poro Poro and My Neighbors the Yamadas [Hohokekyo Tonari no Yamada-kun]. Sorry, I am not trying to act as a smartass here. Just thought I should inform this to you.
    >.< I'm so sorry! My mistake! Forgive me for my ignorance! >.<

After looking up Isao Takahata, I have just learned that he is the co-head at Studio Ghibli and also directed Future Boy Conan, an anime series that left an impression on me as well. He and Miyazaki met at Tōei Dōga animation company, but left afterwards and started working together, collaborating on many other films. Takahata doesn't draw, though.

Newbie darkcry may be famous one day darkcry may be famous one day darkcry's Avatar
    Thanks

i quite like Howls moving castle and spirited away =]
    i liked them soo much the day after watching them i went out and brought them hehe <3

Your signature image was found to exceed the maximum allowed size of 500x115.

Fallen Angel of Darkness mangalovertje may be famous one day mangalovertje may be famous one day mangalovertje's Avatar
    Somewhere I can be at peace...With my mind and my heart...In the Darkness...
    Thanks

hey,

I like Howl's moving castle and X - the movie.
    I like them because there's action and that kind
    off stuff. but also magic. but I have also
    Final Fantasy VII advent children and that's the same
    as the others.

Bye bye,

mangalovertje

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

>.< I'm so sorry! My mistake! Forgive me for my ignorance! >.<
    OK, you are forgiven. : smile : : smile : But, I see no need for you to be apologetic over something so trivial such as this! (-.⌒)
    After looking up Isao Takahata, I have just learned that he is the co-head at Studio Ghibli and also directed Future Boy Conan, an anime series that left an impression on me as well. He and Miyazaki met at Tōei Dōga animation company, but left afterwards and started working together, collaborating on many other films. Takahata doesn't draw, though.
    ~!!! Future Boy Conan, huh? I have heard of it. I believe that I was told that it's sort of similar to Laputa: Castle in the Sky, or the characters at least, so I shall take a look into it. Thank you for your suggestion.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast