+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help please! Anyone with expansive tastes or at least a memory better than mine ^^()

Newbie Nakoruru is off to a good start Nakoruru's Avatar
    Thanks

Help please! Anyone with expansive tastes or at least a memory better than mine ^^()

Okay so many moons ago I used to stay up late on Thursdays (..or was it Tuesdays) and watch Blue Gender followed by Martain Successor Nadesico on the Sci-fi channel. After this they would always show some obscure anime film like Wings of Honneamise or something like that. Basically there's two films I remember really vaguely, but not enough to be able to find them with a search, so what I was hoping is someone here might recognise what the hell I'm going on about and tell me what they're called ^___^() (long shot possibly).

The first one was about this girl who worked in a city in an old peoples home (I think) and there was this one old guy who was on his last legs about to die..somehow or other he got his soul or something transferred into a big ma-hoosive robot mecha thing and he was trashing the city trying to find..his wife? I forget. I think he trashes a dam at some point. o__o...The animation on this one was like realistic..no crazy hair colours or anything. ^^()

The second one was a bit hentai-ish..some guy stranded somewhere and was seducing different girls (they may have been aliens?) and at one point he uses a key and opens a portal in the womans..eh..pants. xD I remember he had brown spikey hair but not much else. Ahahah. I think it had "Duo" or something in the title...buut I've searched for that soo..maybe not. xD Lols.

Soo, eeh, if anyone knows what the hell I'm going on about please let me know as I'd like to see them again, out of sheer curiousity if not anything else ^.^()

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Help please! Anyone with expansive tastes or at least a memory better than mine ^

what year did come out on the scifi channel? Because then I could ask it on the scifi board at syfy.com

Newbie Nakoruru is off to a good start Nakoruru's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Help please! Anyone with expansive tastes or at least a memory better than mine ^

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat View Post
    what year did come out on the scifi channel? Because then I could ask it on the scifi board at syfy.com

Hmm well lets think I was probably about 15 or 16..so about 2001/2? If you could that would be great ^__^()
    "..ahhh don't worry, that's just the sound of his brain floundering between reality and his ideals, it'll re-calibrate in a minute."

Thanks

I shall do my best or at least try on wikipedia.com if i have no luck on the sci or syfy board.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

For that first series, by chance could it be this one???

Roujin Z (OAV) - Anime News Network
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

That might be it How did you know Len just based on the story,and network and year of release?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I've stopped counting how many anime features I've seen when it broke the 300 mark. It was just a matter of looking a title that sounds familiar... This one I saw on a DVD release...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Ah so your are the walking encyclopipedia of anime around here correct.?

+ Reply to Thread