+ Reply to Thread

Thread: High School's Connection to Anime

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

High School's Connection to Anime

Simple question. Why is high school such a popular theme in anime? High school definitely isn't as popular in American cartoons. Is it because they go to school more than us?
    It was just something that popped up in my mind so why not let everyone have a crack at it.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

Otaku Brent-Enix is off to a good start Brent-Enix's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: High School's Connection to Anime

It's probably because when you go through teen years, you're still finding yourself. So there are a lot of "stereotypes" that can form (like jock, emo kid, etc.) because people are still finding themselves. Being a teen also means you're in between being an adult and a kid; you're accepting more responsibilities as an adult, but you still want to have fun as a child. Additionally, when you're a teen, you're on a roller-coaster ride of emotions, which can create conflict and drama in high school.

So yeah, with those mentioned above, teens pretty much make the perfect heroes for an anime, since the hormones start kicking in and their characters slowly get developed and stuff.

mmhmm.

Otaku Sarentai Kyoukan is off to a good start Sarentai Kyoukan's Avatar
    Thanks

Simple.Since they must have reckoned that most of the people who watch anime are in high school , they focus on high-school cause then it is something that the in-high-schools' can relate to.Also cause that way its more easier for the viewer to understand the character's feelings cause they probably know (through personal experience or personal feelings) how the character is feeling .(I think so .)

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

because it is also a generational thing as well, the older generations grew up with the old comics, etc. But from what I've seen (in my generation) manga and anime is parred with "growing up" and getting into something new. So to target this manga and anime are targeted toward the people who read/ wtch them? (sry this is confuzing (typing while thinking is never good lol))
    death and life are one and the same

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

High School (which in Japan is grade 10 - 12) and Junior High (grades 7 - 9) have become much more popular in Japan in the last decade, partial due to the trend of 'Moe' characters in the Japanese fandom, with 'Adult' and 'Moe' generally considered a contradiction...

Moe (slang) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku keitamoro is off to a good start keitamoro's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly I think the reason that the High Schools have been such a popular theme for anime is because of the different school system they used which was stated by LenMiyata and that the mangakas had probably had real interest in what the people in High School were doing so they observed the activities performed by the young adults in High School which possibly led to a certain thought to put virtual anime characters into the High Schools and see how it works out and when it became a hit then that was why it all of a sudden became so popular.

+ Reply to Thread