+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood adaptation of 'Death Note' underway

Devoted Otaku Wuzzler Champion, Stan James Freekick Champion, Sports Bar Champion, Kill Tweety Champion, Bloody Pingu Champion, One Ton Bang Bang Champion receiverofhell may be famous one day receiverofhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hollywood adaptation of 'Death Note' underway

Really?...
    I love deathnote and I just can't wait for this one if this one was released!
    So what's the title of the movie then?
    I loved her so much.... i would dare to risk my own life only to save her from dying....
    I loved my GF...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/zxa8pj.jpg[/IMG

Newbie King of Carnies is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SadisticCharm View Post
    Yes thats completely true, but im trying not to get my hopes up, since most japanese based movies that america makes are completely off from the original.
    Although like you said it could be really good or even better.
    I just hope the characters are portrayed correctly...-__-
    I'm completely opposite of you. I have my hopes set high. I went to my local theater the other day and saw the movie about L's last days, and it was AWESOME. I know that was made in Japan and just shown here with subtitles, but it shows that the people who are going to be making these movies might have seen the originals, which gives me hope that they'll try to be true to the story.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

It seems that manga/anime adaptions are pretty popular at the moment. I wonder why that is. I guess they have just recently discovered the potential of this market.
    Anyway, let's hope that this Death Note adaption will be alright. Same goes for Bebop. Let's hope they won't mess around with those two. <:
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Otaku SadisticCharm is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    It seems that manga/anime adaptions are pretty popular at the moment. I wonder why that is. I guess they have just recently discovered the potential of this market.
    Anyway, let's hope that this Death Note adaption will be alright. Same goes for Bebop. Let's hope they won't mess around with those two. <:
    XD It's because Hollywood has nothing else to make!
    They've used up all there original ideas way back when, then started making a ton of re-makes and now they need something they havent done before, so they're making anime/manga/comic ideas into movies...-__-
    Althouhg it's kinda cool. =D
    "You think you know me...? You have no idea."

Newbie dj heavoir is off to a good start dj heavoir's Avatar
    Thanks

I dunno about this one
    I personally didnt like the Japanese adaptation even though the one who portrayed L looked extremely alike
    I think, it's still too early to decide if it's gonna be good or bad.
    I also wanna see the cast first before judging it

Newbie dantay6 may be famous one day dantay6 may be famous one day dantay6's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm... the jap version was enjoyable for me i liked the 2 main actors Tatsuya Fujiwara and Ken'ichi Matsuyam.

they need to gets some decent jap actors and need to get help from them to make it a good film. or at least someone that enjoys animes and knows what they are on about.

has a very good chance of being half decent. but i doubt it :'(

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    Hey Len, don't you think it's funny they can make awesome American comic book movies, but most of the anime adaptations suck and fail?
    Do they just put forth less effort, have a lower budget or pick the wrong stories?

(and I hope it has Ben Stiller as L and Owen Wilson as Light. XD. I kid, I kid)
    Hey now! Films based on American comics fail too. Spiderman 3 (though I still kinda liked it), and X-Men 3 are good examples of how a great comic book story can fail miserably on the big screen.

I'm not looking forward to a US version of Death Note. I personally think that they need to stop butchering all the great comics/manga and video games in hopes that we'll waste our money on it.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Hey now! Films based on American comics fail too. Spiderman 3 (though I still kinda liked it), and X-Men 3 are good examples of how a great comic book story can fail miserably on the big screen.

I'm not looking forward to a US version of Death Note. I personally think that they need to stop butchering all the great comics/manga and video games in hopes that we'll waste our money on it.
    Yes, but then you get Watchmen, 300, V for Vendetta, The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, X2, and if you count Transfomers for an American TV show.

or the other comic book movies that are less famous: A History of Violence, Road to Peridition, From Hell, and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

All I'm saying that compared to DB: Evolution is a BIG difference. I mean look at how much work they put into all of those films, and then they pull out that.

I just felt they put much more money, time and effort into US comic book movies and made the anime ones low budgetish. (Street Fighter:The Legend of Chun Li, DB: Evolution, Speedracer).

If they make Death Note I want them to take the effort to make it great. To me, they should be switching from English to Japanese with subtitle a lot, but they probably won't. Not half ass it like the other anime movies.
    So I'm not judging it yet, who knows? Maybe because this is much more realistic than DB they'll make it better. But if they screw this one up I will royally pissed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast