Closed Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you get into Anime?

Newbie Muslim Vegeta Fob12/21/94 may be famous one day Muslim Vegeta Fob12/21/94 may be famous one day Muslim Vegeta Fob12/21/94's Avatar
    Thanks

How did you get into Anime?

Hey guys, just wonderin' how you guys got into anime.Hope you guys have great stories!

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How did you get into Anime?

I simply turned on the TV, the original Transformers and the Gatchaman anime was on and I was mesmerized from the start
    around the same time, there was the Dragon Ball anime and it was good
    but I didn't really get totally into anime until, of course, the days of Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z
    yes, like probably most of the people here, we all started out in the same path
    by time Toonami came into existence, I grew out of DBZ and got into better anime like Cowboy Bebop and the rest is history....
    I love my girlfriend.

Newbie Muslim Vegeta Fob12/21/94 may be famous one day Muslim Vegeta Fob12/21/94 may be famous one day Muslim Vegeta Fob12/21/94's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell
    I simply turned on the TV, the original Transformers and the Gatchaman anime was on and I was mesmerized from the start
    around the same time, there was the Dragon Ball anime and it was good
    but I didn't really get totally into anime until, of course, the days of Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z
    yes, like probably most of the people here, we all started out in the same path
    by time Toonami came into existence, I grew out of DBZ and got into better anime like Cowboy Bebop and the rest is history....
    hmmmm.... thanks for that story.

Otaku Silenced_Shadow may be famous one day Silenced_Shadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Well my cousin got me into it a while ago and I started reading Ragnarok, and then I started into Trigun and started watching that and saw ohter anime and started to like them.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

I got into anime because of My big brother. He would watch Dragon Ball, and Macross. Then came salior moon. I was watching that, but that's not made me want to watch more. Then Pokemon, and Digimon rule my world for a long time. At the same time, my big brothers, and there friends were watching DBZ. I just fell in long with it. We recorded all the shows then, we bought them all. After that I thought it was over. Then my friend inform me that there were others. Excaflowna(SP?) was next. But DBZ was the one that made me fall in love with it. And Roy from Macross. (Very funny guy).
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. K
    I got into anime because of My big brother. He would watch Dragon Ball, and Macross. Then came salior moon. I was watching that, but that's not made me want to watch more. Then Pokemon, and Digimon rule my world for a long time. At the same time, my big brothers, and there friends were watching DBZ. I just fell in long with it. We recorded all the shows then, we bought them all. After that I thought it was over. Then my friend inform me that there were others. Excaflowna(SP?) was next. But DBZ was the one that made me fall in love with it. And Roy from Macross. (Very funny guy).
    I forgot to tell how I got into anime. As you Mr.k, I got into it from my brother. he always watched Transformers, and then when I was 3years old, he showed me DBZ. We also recorded, or bought each episode on DVD.Then when I started going to school, I made lots of friends interested in anime. Even one of my teachers were.Till this day I still like DBZ!...ROCK ON!

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Muslim Vegeta Fob12/21/94 great story. My mom and dad watch Transformer when I was a kid. My dad like that kind of stuff, and I don't know if thuder cats is one, but that's another. Me and the family, bought the DVDs when we found out they where uncut. Yea! more coolness. So we have it recorded, in tape, and DVD. We love it.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

I got sick of hentai.

Hehe, just kidding.

Really it was because of a few different anime episodes I just happened to watch because nothing else was on one night. I forget the other two, but Cowboy Bebop was one of them and is still the show that got me into anime. The next night I decided to watch the stuff again and FLCL was on. After those two nights I was hooked forever.

That's not exactly how it went down, but it was like something to that effect.

Cowboy Bebop and FLCL remain at all times at the top of my top five favorites list.

Currently the list goes:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    FLCL
    CowBoy Bebop
    REC
    Petopeto-san

Yeah...FLCL and Cowboy Bebop really got me into anime, but they just had to be knocked off the #1 and 2 spots to make room for Neon Genesis Evangelion which remains the most incredible anime series of all time.

Keep eating so many dogs and you're bound to be Communist

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast