Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you get into anime?

Newbie dabassist may be famous one day dabassist may be famous one day dabassist's Avatar
    the land to tame a thousand wolves or ballina whatever
    Thanks

How did you get into anime?

How did you get into anime, manga the sort....... friend, accident, been at it your hole life me i cant remeber
    wassup im jonathan who me!!! i LOVE anime!!!!!!! and skating and playin my bass guitar hmm more to say........ i like anime movies such as: akira, hack//sign, chobits, peacemaker, excel saga, azumanga dioch, full metal alchemist, puni puni poemy and najica blitz tactics. MUSIC: system of a down, my chemical romance, nirvana, iron maiden, metallica, slipknot, tool and queens of the stone age yep thats enough for now

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How did you?

Quote Originally Posted by dabassist View Post
    How did you get into anime, manga the sort....... friend, accident, been at it your hole life me i cant remeber
    Well, I had been into it when I was a small child and eventually "grew out of it." When I was twelve, though, my sister was watching Saturday morning cartoons and a commercial for a Yu-Gi-oh! episode came on. It was the episode where Kaiba and Yugi are dueling on top of a castle-thing at Duelist Kingdom . . . I looked at the screen and thought, "Hmm . . . I like dragons . . . ", followed closely by, "Hmm . . . even though I've barely seen him, I can associate with this tall brunette and feel psychological sympathy for him; we are very alike he and I." So, I watched it, remembered how much I loved it, and haven't stopped reading/watching manga of all kinds since. (It helps that my best friend has over 100 manga books.)

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime/Manga topic...

+Moving to the Anime/Manga Forum+

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

well as a kid i watched too much cartoons and became a cartoon fan but when i herad animated movies i check it out, and i watched it almost everyday now

Newbie Scooooter may be famous one day Scooooter may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well to be honest with you I was in a juvenile facility and the cottage parent I had was into it. One time I saw him watchin Galaxy Express 999. I watched it with him, and after that I worked it out so that being able to go through his VHS was a special privelage I could earn. Which wasn't real hard to do cause there was always extra cleaning to do.

Newbie GrIzZle may be famous one day GrIzZle may be famous one day GrIzZle's Avatar
    Thanks

I think i go into anime when i started watching Outlaw Star on CNX
    that was a great show

Otaku Shadow dorothy may be famous one day Shadow dorothy may be famous one day Shadow dorothy's Avatar
    Thanks

I watched TV (ya know whatever CN was showing in the 90's) and got a manga from a friend.
    shadows what are they.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I just slowly went into it. It all started with Toonami, Sailor Moon, and DBZ. You see, Toonami came on right after school and just like any kid after school I went straight for the TV. I started watching the shows that came on Toonami. I immediately fell in love because it was something I had never seen before. It was like my soap opera when I was a kid so I was completely addicted. Then I started looking into the shows. Seeing who made them, how the ideas came about, where I could find other cartoons like that, and soon I became a anime maniac. Then anime got me curious about manga and now I am an avid manga and anime collector. I am also recruiting new anime and manga maniacs at my school with the help of my friend Ivy Spring because there are frankly not enough fans at my school!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast