Closed Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you get into anime?

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How did you get into anime?

I could have sworn I'd posted in this thread before lol, but the page doesn't show it, so oh well. Double post it is!

I kind of stumbled onto anime at a very young age. One night at a friends of my mom's house I was channel surfing and I came along the ultra-hardcore-not-for-kids-my-age-back-then anime movie Heavy Metal. From then on it was hook line and sinker. I loved that movie so much, but haven't seen it since; I should probably go rent it.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Newbie AnimeFreakDizzy may be famous one day AnimeFreakDizzy may be famous one day AnimeFreakDizzy's Avatar
    Thanks

I got into anime the very first second I started watching like digimon and pokemon then moved to ranma 1/2, inuyasha etc.
    Hassun killed this signature.
    Read the rules.

Newbie Uzumaki Naruto may be famous one day Uzumaki Naruto may be famous one day Uzumaki Naruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Ironically, I was only about..6 or 7 years old when I first got into anime (Sailor Moon was my first.) as time moved on, though, I got into others. Pokemon, Kenshin..and eventually, now FullMetal, Naruto and Bleach. Inuyasha's alright, but after the most recent episodes..it just didn't have the same impact it used to. I admit, I still watch Pokemon on occasion, but, not as often as I used to when I was 12. the only reason I still watch it, really is because of my younger cousin's interest in it. my parents, they don't like the fact of me watching this stuff at all, which I find to be...amusing. (aka, pops calls it "BS Japanese cartoons") they haven;t seen a single episode, accept my mother when I had bought Conqueror of Shamballa. However, that's not the point of discussion here.
    I will become hokage..dattebayo.

Newbie ryu Hestath may be famous one day ryu Hestath may be famous one day ryu Hestath's Avatar
    Thanks

I Got into anime when Sailor Moon came out, I watched the first episode in Japanese through my Aunt (she works and lives in Japan). I wanted to watch more but she couldn't send me anymore with it translated or dubbed in english, then I asked her what station it would be on., If it is on tv.

I guess you could say that it was my Aunt that got me into Anime, But it wasn't to be honest. I watched Dragon Ball Z before that, and I found out that was Anime through researching it for pictures.

CARTOON NETWORK GOT ME INTO ANIME WHEN I WAS AROUND 2-3 YEARS OLD.
    I am gothic, proud to admit it, I'm also upsessed with Anime

Newbie TOKIJIN may be famous one day TOKIJIN may be famous one day TOKIJIN's Avatar
    Thanks

I got into anime back in .02 when toonami was actually worth watching

Newbie intothemyst may be famous one day intothemyst may be famous one day
    Thanks

I was in the generation that was turned onto anime from watching it on the sci fi channel. I remember the first anime I watched was Vampire Hunter D but I didn't really get into it until 4 years ago. I don't really know what got me into except that for some reason at my job I became known as the go to anime guy for customers. So just being around all the anime DVD's and reading the backs of the cases.

But for some reason the cover art for the Gantz volume one grabbed my attention and I read the back and was intrigued and after watching the first volume I just completely got into anime from that. I was hooked. I wound up spending half my paycheck on anime DVD's, the pretty much paid me in Anime DVD's. Pretty sweet job really.

Newbie celticratt may be famous one day celticratt may be famous one day celticratt's Avatar
    Thanks

I can blame my anime addiction on my son,in an effort to understand him I would always watch his programs occasionaly.Even though I enjoyed shows like FMP and Eva it wasn't till he brought the first volume of the Love Hina manga home that I got hooked(I bought the whole series manga and Anime).I finally realized how bad I was hooked when Rahxephon the motion picture brought tears to my eyes.

Newbie gts16774 may be famous one day gts16774 may be famous one day gts16774's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't remember my life without some kind of cartooning or anime in it. Like I said in a different thread, I go back to the old D&D cartoon. Today's anime, I would have to say, Tenchi probably got me back into it. Back in my college days a bunch of us guys in the dorm would crash and watch Space Ghost Coast to Coast and that was our nightly thing. Great show! So I guess I got started with Saturday morning cartoons, and then the weekly run shows, like Thundercats.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast