+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you meet anime???

Newbie Taikaw is off to a good start
    Thanks

How did you meet anime???

Hi guys and girls.
    Now assuming that a lot of members of this community are anime fans (considering that the name of this website is "animeonline"), I want to ask you guys a simple question; Where and how did you meet anime? How did you feel when you were first exposed to it? Also, What is the first anime you watched?

As for me... I'm japanese, but I was born and raised in California, so I didn't really get the chance to be exposed to anime. I did occasionally watch Naruto on Cartoon Network, but it really didn't appeal to me. To make the long story short, One day, My family moved back to Japan,(for me it was the first time to live in Jpn), and a year later I flicked on the TV around 1 AM, and guess what I saw... The anime Zero's Familiar. The moment I saw it, I fell in love with it. Especially the voice of Louise, Kugimiya Rie, and the characters personality, Tsundere. It's not exactly an exciting story, but anime really has changed my life. It's kind of how I got in to the field of Motion Graphics Designing, but it kinda is unrelated.
    Now, I'm not in to animes like Zero's Familiar, but it's the first anime that I watched, and the anime that got me in to anime.

So tell me,
    Where and how did you meet anime? How did you feel when you were first exposed to it? Also, What is the first anime you watched?

Otaku Cresent Knight is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: How did you meet anime???

when i watch anime for the first time it was in the third grade it was gundam wing and even to this day i love that anime and ive collected the whole series and it has given me a place to go and leave behind all my worse or trouble and go to a place that relaxes me and clams me just a place i really enjoy.
    I've lost everything I once held dear to me all i have felt is hope and with it I''ll push myself forward and follow the even ending stream of life.....

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

its an answer that I'm sure alot of us will provide, and i can sum it up in one word...Toonami
    I really enjoyed it, it was so action packed and wild. The first I ever saw was DBZ

Newbie jesusfreak29 is off to a good start jesusfreak29's Avatar
    Thanks

well I played a dragonballz game I always wondered what the show was like so one day I went to walmart bought a season and I watched a few and I ended up liking it so about 3 months later I bought another season I loved it and now I'm reading anime comics

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jesusfreak29 For This Useful Post:

Taikaw (Oct 18, 2009)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Well with me I was exposed to it before I even knew it. My favorite shows were anime but back then there was a taboo on outsourceing even cartoons so no mention of it was made. Voltron, technoman, speed raceer. I loved them all. I quess the first one I watched that I knew was anime would be Gundam Wing. And thank you for posting a truly great thread.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beast For This Useful Post:

Taikaw (Oct 18, 2009)

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

I never met anime because it's not a living being. I was introduced to anime through Toonami with shows like DBZ, Outlaw Star, and Kenshin. Good times, miss em'.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artistic Anarchy For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Oct 18, 2009), Taikaw (Oct 18, 2009)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I was never really introduced to anime. Anime has always been a part of my life, as far as I can remember. As a preschooler (which would be about twenty-five years ago), I was lucky to have Astroboy and Voltron aired on TV from time to time. During my early elementary school years (between kindergarten and second grade), Robotech was on the air daily. I had more Robotech and Voltron toys than you could shake a stick at. ^_^

Since then, I've had the opportunity to watch a wide variety of other anime series through friends, network television, cable and video rental stores.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Taikaw (Oct 18, 2009)

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

It was introduced to me through Toonami, which was in turn from CartoonNetwork, and in turn from TV :P
    Yeah, It was either Sailor Moon or DBZ that was my first one, and I didn't even know back then, I just watched and enjoyed.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dark angel swordsman For This Useful Post:

Taikaw (Oct 18, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast