+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How important is the opening and ending music to the anime overall?

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How important is the opening and ending music to the anime overall?

ummm some times it is important to me and sometimes not .... i just like the anime and the story and if was the anime opening and ending music very good and the anime very good that is mean this anime my dream anime .... so .... no .. =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that the music in an anime is a point of personal choice. I myself think if it is good it can add a lot to a series. As an example the opening and closeing themes to Negima are great they put me in the mood for the show and the end theme makes me want to see the next even more than I already did when watching the episode.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Opening and ending themes are pretty much unimportant to me. I watch them once or twice but skip them every time after that.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I dunno, but I can't find an anime that I would watch w/o me liking at least one of their themes. Probably except for Azumanga Daioh, but then I've read the manga before hand so I know it was good regardless.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Like Hassun, I generally skip openings and endings after a first glance so less-than-great themes don't really bother me. The importance of some songs though is in catching my interest in the first place, I first saw Noir's opening on the ADV previews of an Excel Saga disc and was intrigued by the style of the music and how well it went with the animation. Same for Cowboy Bebop, just happened to catch the opening on Adult Swim while flipping channels one night.

Now bad music throughout the anime is a deal breaker.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

For me the opening and ending music doesn't make or break a series for me, however if the first episode doesn't interest me I will not sit for 25 more grueling episodes more just to find out it was some kid's dream or the machine daughter/spaceship saves the day (ie. Z.O.E.), And also how a series is ended, For example Blue Gender, It was a good anime series but had a very fast forward type of ending that just made you say "What the ***k just happen?" or like my review on Berserk, to me that is what makes or breaks a anime series.If you like a series because of music you also have to take into account the music that is played during the episode because it also helps the flow of the episode, how you think the show will progress and also how the emotion of the music helps add additional emotion to that episode (ie. Trigun in the Rem Episode).

Newbie Vermillion is off to a good start Vermillion's Avatar
    Thanks

I usually hate all Openings & Endings to Animes, never have liked the hight pitched vocals that are on most of the animes intros, so I usually skip it and watch the show, except for Death Note, I liked the intro to the show, mainly "What's Up People" haha, yeah. So, overall to me it's not that important.

"I'm the best there is in what I do. But what I do best isn't very nice." -Wolverine

Newbie shiijei is off to a good start shiijei's Avatar
    Thanks

I would prefer a good opening theme. I look forward to the music pulling me in. The ending theme doesn't play that big of a role to me. Simply because if I'm watching anime on tv, the ending theme rarely gets played.
    Sign Your Life Away On The Dotted Line

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast