+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How many of you ever seen Darker Than Black

Otaku Redragon495 is off to a good start Redragon495's Avatar
    Thanks

How many of you ever seen Darker Than Black

I finished this anime up the other day and it really good, but I was looking around the anime series forums and didn't see a thread for it. So I was wondering how many of you every seen this anime and liked it.
    I sEe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How many of you ever seen Darker Than Black

I was going to start this thread just today! ... i watched this anime and this's my best anime this far ... i saw many ideas but this's was way too unique and good ... so in short to answer your question "Yes ,i did"
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to admit that I fell asleep at least 3 times because the dialog just dragged. Some parts were just boring. Don't get me wrong I liked it very much but it could have been a bit livelier. They spend so much emphasis on their powers but very little time actually showing them in action. Then repetitive episode pattern was like watching the same episode all over again. It wasn't until the final episodes that I really started to enjoy it.

In conclusion I would have to say it was a good start for this series. Its obvious that this is only the beginning so I hope there will be much more going on in the next series to come.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    I have to admit that I fell asleep at least 3 times because the dialog just dragged. Some parts were just boring. Don't get me wrong I liked it very much but it could have been a bit livelier. They spend so much emphasis on their powers but very little time actually showing them in action. Then repetitive episode pattern was like watching the same episode all over again. It wasn't until the final episodes that I really started to enjoy it.

In conclusion I would have to say it was a good start for this series. Its obvious that this is only the beginning so I hope there will be much more going on in the next series to come.

which parts were boring? actually it's not that ... the dialog came in right places though i too wished for more action-showing ... and the repetitive pattern was with the first two stories only that had some similarities ... anyway it's your opinion as for me i found it as unique as classic animes like Cowboy Bebop ...

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post

which parts were boring? actually it's not that ... the dialog came in right places though i too wished for more action-showing ... and the repetitive pattern was with the first two stories only that had some similarities ... anyway it's your opinion as for me i found it as unique as classic animes like Cowboy Bebop ...
    Thats another thing they were trying to make it like Cowboy Bebop but with two episodes in each story. It was like one episode of just talking and then 10 minutes of actual action at the end of the second episode. There seem too be too much standing around talking about things. The story reminded me of S-cry-ed with the big incident that gave everyone powers then the wall to cover it up. I think this anime was using too many elements that were used in other anime series.

Otaku Redragon495 is off to a good start Redragon495's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats another thing they were trying to make it like Cowboy Bebop but with two episodes in each story. It was like one episode of just talking and then 10 minutes of actual action at the end of the second episode. There seem too be too much standing around talking about things. The story reminded me of S-cry-ed with the big incident that gave everyone powers then the wall to cover it up. I think this anime was using too many elements that were used in other anime series.
    Thats my only problem with the show is the action. The first episode is cool just talking it tells us whats going on and every thing, but the second should be mostly action with a little bit of talking get the story along a little bit. And I never seen S-cry-ed before is it any good or is it just like this anime.
    I sEe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redragon495 View Post
    Thats my only problem with the show is the action. The first episode is cool just talking it tells us whats going on and every thing, but the second should be mostly action with a little bit of talking get the story along a little bit. And I never seen S-cry-ed before is it any good or is it just like this anime.
    Here's a link to s-CRY-ed.

s-CRY-ed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Darker Than Black felt like a combination of this and Cowboy Bebop. An assassin similar to the bounty hunter Spike. Everyone has powers that they received through a similar accident as s-CRY-ed. And they use the same story telling method of Cowboy Bebop. I hope the next season will have more action and more excitement going on. Now that the truth is out all hell should break loose. I look forward to that.

Thanks

Here's a link to s-CRY-ed.

s-CRY-ed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Darker Than Black felt like a combination of this and Cowboy Bebop. An assassin similar to the bounty hunter Spike. Everyone has powers that they received through a similar accident as s-CRY-ed. And they use the same story telling method of Cowboy Bebop. I hope the next season will have more action and more excitement going on. Now that the truth is out all hell should break loose. I look forward to that.
    truth?
    you as an anime watcher know that that's a near common thing in so many animes ... i mean you can't bring two animes without at least a major similarity between them ,am i right or what? (well of course excluding near opposite category-type of the animes e.g: romance and action) ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast