+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I. Hate. Filler.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I. Hate. Filler.

I hate it.

I just spent the last couple days watching the first two seasons of Pokemon (don't look at me like that, so what if I get nostalgic some times), and I think fully three-fourths of those seasons were filler of some kind and didn't move the story forward at all.

There are also a lot of other series' that are guilty of this as well, like Naruto where they have an entire season of filler (and one of the reasons I won't even bother trying to watch that show).

/rant

What do you think?

Otaku Kurai is off to a good start Kurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I. Hate. Filler.

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I hate it.

Naruto where they have an entire season of filler (and one of the reasons I won't even bother trying to watch that show).

/rant

What do you think?
    Naruto doesn't just have a season of filler, it has about 2 or 3.

Anyway, I agree, Filler is annoying, as it doesn't even serve any purpose to the main story. An example of this was a Bleach filler in the middle of the Soul Society arc, I just decided to skip it as it didn't have any point to the plot.

It's annoying, but it's only done to make sure that the anime doesn't go ahead of the Manga.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Pokemon is no where near as bad as some others. Think Naruto and DBZ. No need to explain watching pokemon, if you like it you like it.

This is why it is a huge bonus for me when I am looking to buy anime and it is only one season or even less than 20 episodes.

Otaku Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine's Avatar
    Thanks

Fillers are awful! But you guys are right, Naruto and DBZ do had long fillers.

Bleach also had season long fillers, but I don't mind watching them as much as the Naruto fillers since the "long filler" has somewhat a story in it.

The most annoying part of a filler is that it always starts on a point when the main story gets very very interesting. Just as much as I hate fillers, the cliffhangers are worse.

|| I forgot that I might see so many beautiful things - Dreamvisions ||

Newbie zeldakristin is off to a good start
    Thanks

I think I love all anime. some acton but mostley not. hehe that has nothing to dose its i just sinned up sooo yaaa

Newbie Skydreamer is off to a good start
    Thanks

Bleach filler in the middle of the Soul Society arc, I just decided to skip it as it didn't have any point to the plot.
    This. i had no idea that filler was a filler. i thought it was an actual part of the plot. so when ichigo finally saved rukia and everything and then all of a sudden the next episode goes into this whole other sheit that made no sense i was like ?! WTF? it pissed me off so much i ended up dropping the series... i only found out a couple months ago when i was talking to my brother about it. and he was like..."you know that was a filler right?" Damn im dumb.
    anyways yea. filler bites.
    I despise it.

Otaku Kurai is off to a good start Kurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skydreamer View Post
    This. i had no idea that filler was a filler. i thought it was an actual part of the plot. so when ichigo finally saved rukia and everything and then all of a sudden the next episode goes into this whole other sheit that made no sense i was like ?! WTF? it pissed me off so much i ended up dropping the series... i only found out a couple months ago when i was talking to my brother about it. and he was like..."you know that was a filler right?" Damn im dumb.
    anyways yea. filler bites.
    I despise it.
    I'm not refering to that episode (I'm not even at that point XD.), I'm referring to the filler which contained Ichigos sisters and that Ghost hunter. When I started watching that episode, I was like 'WTH is this?!', headed over to Wikipedia, and it said 'A Filler episode which deviates from the plot', so I decided 'okay, it's time to skip this one!'

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I simply do not watch filler unless someone REALLY recommends it to me. Haven't seen Bleach in a very long time for example.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast