Closed Thread

Thread: I hope this is the right place (Pokemon question)

Newbie Ajescent may be famous one day Ajescent may be famous one day Ajescent's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope this is the right place (Pokemon question)

I hope this is the right place to post this question but there's something about Pokemon that's been bugging me for ages. in the original series there was only suppose to be 150 pokemons (hell I still remember the song that went with it) with about 3-5 top secret ones that one else knew about. but then suddenly out of nowhere about about 500 come out of the woodwork.

My question is what was the official explaination for this? I.e did the shows ever give a reason for this or was it just glossed over?

Lastly would I be right in assuming that some pokemons that no one ever refers to from the original 150 (sorry no names come to mind) still exist in the world or have they been wiped out from existance? I.e pretending they never existed.
    And The Balrogs Shall Inherit The Land...

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I hope this is the right place (Pokemon question)

well the first season which u are refering to had 150 pokemon and the second season added 150 morenow at the 3rd season they have about 500-600 cant remeber but it was somethinglike that. there just adding more pokemon the make the seasons go on and on and to make the games longer and harder to beat and a bit more interesting. of course this is my guess not the real thing so if there are some mistakes discard of them. Yes this is the right place to put it good guess >,<

Newbie Ajescent may be famous one day Ajescent may be famous one day Ajescent's Avatar
    Thanks

So effectively Ash was walking down the road one day and went "hey look I've caught a <insert the name of a non-original 150 pokemon here>" and the others went "Well done you" and no one stopped to ask O.o "Where the heck did you find that?"

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Whenever a new game version of Pokemon came out, the anime series took the party to a different 'Region' of the world... (e.g. 'Orange Islands', 'Hoen League' etc. etc), and with each new 'Region' new Pokemon were introduced... (Evidently, the Pokedex only has enough storage to list the 'local' varieties of Pokemon, and many a different season have an episode that shows it being updated/upgraded...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Ah ok, that sorta makes sense. I just thought made them appear out of thin air. I suppose its more realistic how in the real world you have animals that are only unique to certain parts of the world. Fair enough thanks for the answer.

Newbie N8VE South is off to a good start N8VE South's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah either that or they jus wanted to try and keep the seasons going even though it kinda died after the first one. Probably jus added more as an atempt to get more viewers or keep the ones they had left. I was never a big fan of it anyway. (R.I.P pokemon)

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Whenever a new game version of Pokemon came out, the anime series took the party to a different 'Region' of the world... (e.g. 'Orange Islands', 'Hoen League' etc. etc), and with each new 'Region' new Pokemon were introduced... (Evidently, the Pokedex only has enough storage to list the 'local' varieties of Pokemon, and many a different season have an episode that shows it being updated/upgraded...)
    Also, it is applicable to mention, and I only know this because I recently bought the first seasons of Pokemon on DVD, that "Dexter" mentions that there are still types of Pokemon being discovered, a sort of Deus ex machina for explaining this kind of phenomenon, should the show have gained any sort of popularity, and thus longeivity, which it did.

Closed Thread