Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: i need a new series

Newbie blackxpanther7 is off to a good start blackxpanther7's Avatar
    Thanks

i need a new series

plz help meh out i need a new anime series preferably something random and pretty funnythx!

Newbie Angel of Darkness is off to a good start Angel of Darkness's Avatar
    The damp darkness of the forest's heartwoods
    Thanks

Re: i need a new series

I don't know what series you already watch, so I can't know for sure if these are 'new' to you, but I like FullMetal Alchemist, Aquarion, Black Blood Brothers, Inuyasha, Bleach, stuff like that. (Some of them I haven't seen much of but plan on pursueing.)Those are more serious, though, so you might like Shuffle!, Naruto, or Boys Be better. Hmm, although there was a lot of humor in between the bloody angsty stuff in the other series too lol.

I'd recommend checking out any of them, but they might not suit your tastes.
    Tears are the feelings that a heart can no longer hold.

Otaku yinyangAio1 is off to a good start yinyangAio1's Avatar
    Thanks

If you want random, I'd recommend School Rumble and Excel Saga. They are so random and funny your insides will explode from laughing. Love Hina is funny too though it has romance in it.

oops...they saw us...*to you* Hi...you didn't just see that...

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

Excel Saga is a must for random humor. As for others I found Best Student Council interesting. Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu was funny if you have seen Fullmetal Panic. A website you might want to look at is. Category:Comedy anime and manga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm just me.

Newbie tentacle king is off to a good start
    Thanks

happy lesson has a pretty good amount of funny, and is random to a degree. School Rumble as well, has both of those

Newbie XfluffywantsMELoserX is off to a good start XfluffywantsMELoserX's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: i need a new series

If your looking for something creepy and like a thriller Moon Phase is fun. At first it looks girly and stupid, but when the plot starts to thicken you will enjoy the mild violents and falling pans out of nowhere. Kinda funny at first, but kinda becomes just one of those things in the anime.

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Random and funny, you say? I say go for Galaxy Angel, Lucky Star and School Rumble.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Atashin'chi- Atashin'chi is an episodic slice of life/comedy about the daily whatnots of the Tachibanas, a Japanese (obviously) family of four--a control freak mom, a coffee loving dad, and two kids of opposite sexes. It's a long running anime composed of hundreds of episodes and counting, these episodes have no continuity whatsoever so expect total randomness with each episode. At first glance, Atashin'chi will remind you of Kureyon Shin Chan but you'll eventually see that it's much more tamed and equally funny as far as my opinion is concerned. It is still airing on Japan and a couple of Asian countries. If you happen to be in a country where it is available on TV then consider trying it, if not then try to look for videos around the net or just wait for it to hit your country's shores (but don't expect it to). Luckily, i'm getting it on TV.

Cromartie High School- Another totally random and episodic show, Cromartie High School is a parody about juvenile delinquents and pop culture, it follows the daily lives of the weird schoolboys attending Cromartie High and (in some episodes) its rival schools as well. Characters range from an average joe to a motion-sick bully to a gorilla to Freddy Mercury and so on, expect extreme randomness even with the characters. Cromartie High School is poorly animated but it is one of its strengths, as you delve deeper into it you'll end up with the conclusion that it was poorly animated because it was supposed to be that way. The usage of the same footage over and over again might prove irritating but Cro High is a diff'rent case, some of its funniest moments involve recurring scenes. If you're looking for big shimmering eyes and flamboyant hairstyles don't expect to see 'em on Cromartie, it was drawn with a Ryoichi Ikegami (a manga artist with a much more realistic style, responsible for Crying Freeman and Sanctuary) style. I was an avid viewer during its first Philippine run, and i'm still an avid viewer with the re-runs. Of all the anime comedies i've seen and read, Cro High is by far the funniest, the best, and my overall favorite.

Kureyon Shin-Chan- Does it even need an introduction? I don't think so but here it is nonetheless. If you're a fan of offensive comedies then this might be your thing, it follows the antics of a pottymouth kid named Shinnosuke (Shin-Chan). It looks like Atashin'chi but like what i've said earlier, Shin-Chan is a lot wilder than Atashin'chi therefore it could prove to be offensive for other viewers and cultures. It is one of the longest running series in anime and it began during the early 90s (92 to be specific) so expect crude animation in the early episodes. Visually, it has not changed much but you could clearly see the age gap between the episodes. I never really loved Shin-Chan as much as Cro High And Atashin'chi but it is still one of the best and uniquely funny comedies i've seen. Shin-Chan is way more popular than my previous entries so if you wanna go for something that is a mainstream hit, yep it is your best choice.
    Last edited by Hantei16; Jun 06, 2008 at 08:57 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast