Closed Thread

Thread: "I never thought I'd see this here"

Newbie DragonsRevenge is off to a good start DragonsRevenge's Avatar
    Thanks

"I never thought I'd see this here"

You ever browse your local best buy (or online store) or watch TV, and say "I never thought I'd see this here?" I'm talking about those titles that have long been hits in the underground for a long time, yet had always escaped the licensors grasp.

I remember when I was getting back into anime, Naruto had a strong cult following, and was only on like episode 80, and bleach had just started airing. People were wondering why in the world they were getting overlooked. Then when they were announced, it was a big deal. It is still very strange to me to see Naruto toys and posters at Walmart, and see the show on TV. Same for Bleach. I guess the same could be said for any show you follow in the underground and then finally see on TV or in stores.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: "I never thought I'd see this here"

I thought Naruto was scheduled to become big from the very beginning. But it's only after the big companies see the money in it that the big advertising campaign begins. And that usually makes or breaks an anime in the overseas market.

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (Rumbling Hearts). It got licensed now, which I thought would be unlikely before. I remember the craze it had when it was being subbed, especially the very last episode, holy shit. I was on the fansub group chan on the day it was schedule to be released, that was one crazy night - when the last ep. was finally released.

Now it became well known by most people.

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

It makes sense that a big budget anime would come to the U.S.A. After all, look at Inuyasha and Ghost in Shell:SAC. I'd imagine that series are chosen pretty late, because they can't afford to show it in the U.S. earlier on.

Banned TumbleDry is off to a good start TumbleDry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I thought Naruto was scheduled to become big from the very beginning. But it's only after the big companies see the money in it that the big advertising campaign begins. And that usually makes or breaks an anime in the overseas market.
    Personally I think thats happening to bleach right now.

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Imagine my surprise when I go on pass during Basic training and turn on the TV late at night.

"Hey, this looks like Bleach!"

"This looks like the FIRST EPISODE OF BLEACH"

Funny what happens when you are removed from your life for five months.

Also, it is interesting to note that I downloaded all of Melody of Oblivion, and it has been sitting in a folder on my computer. Since I've downloaded it, not only has it gotten liscenced, but it has been completed for a long time now :\

Closed Thread