+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: If anime is over 70 episodes, it is way too long

Newbie thesilentarmy is off to a good start thesilentarmy's Avatar
    Thanks

If anime is over 70 episodes, it is way too long

Seriously, shows like Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach are incredibly long... too long even, and they're still going. It's ridiculous.

I'm the sort of person that likes beginings and endings. I like plot that goes from exposition, rising conflict, climax, to conclusion. I don't like to feel like I'm watching a soap opera with a thousand convuluted filler arcs that are never going to get covered. The ideal anime has 0 filler, tells its story, and ends.

An average anime can tell its story in 26 episodes or so. A really epic one can get it done in about 60.

If it's more than that, chances are I'm not going to ever finish it, if even start it at all. There's too much stuff to watch for that crap.
    I kill spiders to save butterflies.

Newbie Beastinblue is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: If anime is over 70 episodes, it is way too long

For me, It would depend on how engrossed I am into the anime.

Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach, and Yu Yu Hakusho I watched from start to the last one currently.

To be honest. Bleach filler arcs have gotten really, really bad. The last time the Princess popped up I was wanting Bleach to end. The filler arcs that has that Princess in it is so lame.

Naruto, D. Gray Man, One Piece, and Inuyasha are ones that I have not gotten very far into before losing interest.

Some good ones have only 12 or 13 episodes.

Currently, I am watching Afro Samurai which far as I know has only 5 episodes.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

If it's that long because of fillers just do like I do and skip the filler parts.
    I don't put a limit on episodes, if the series is good then it's good. Artificial lengthening of series diminishes the quality but if the creators have a story to tell they can take as much time as they need.

Just take one episode at a time.

Newbie Wence is off to a good start
    Thanks

I know you didn't ask for suggestions, but I'd like to point out one in particular.
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 110 Episodes.
    It's an older Anime but it does have quite an epic story. I had started off watching an episode a day and by the 12th I really enjoyed it. As far as I know for other viewers, it does take a little more commitment but MOSTLY due to the older animation.

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

^ I get what's he's saying.
    He wants to watch an anime where there is an end in sight.

There are plenty of anime out there that do have an ending and are over 26 episodes.
    I think you have to ask yourself if the quality of the show is good as opposed to quantity (or length of time) is worth taking time out of your day to watch it.

But for some anime like Naruto, Bleach, and I'll go so far to say DBZ do have a point within the story but also boost ratings of any channel that airs them and are probably overly long and may seem as though they have no ending so as to guarantee they'll generate ratings for a channel almost indefinitely (or whenever the series comes to an end).
    That's just a conspiracy theory I have.

But yeah, there are plenty of anime out there over 70 episodes long that do have an eventual ending that are perfectly good.
    Going back to something like Yu Yu Hakusho. There is no way in heck they were going to be able to squeeze all of that into 70 eps.

So yeah it's not always quantity but definitely quality.

Newbie thesilentarmy is off to a good start thesilentarmy's Avatar
    Thanks

I just have too much anime I want to watch. I'm not saying 26 episodes is my maximum. More like 65 or 70 or so. Some of my favorite animes have been pretty long. I just don't have time for any longer than that.
    I kill spiders to save butterflies.

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thesilentarmy View Post
    I just have too much anime I want to watch. I'm not saying 26 episodes is my maximum. More like 65 or 70 or so. Some of my favorite animes have been pretty long. I just don't have time for any longer than that.
    Take it one series at a time or a few at a time.
    I don't think I've ever met someone that really liked anime and wasn't keeping up to date with at least two series and maybe reading some manga on the side. And I've also never met a single person that liked anime that didn't have a series they hated. So chances are there are going to be many anime you just choose not to watch.

And bringing this back to length. . . .
    You have to commit yourself to sticking with something if you really like it but the length isn't ideal.
    My best advice is if you're on a real time constraint, skip to a series you know is short or avoid filler episodes like the swine flu.
    I have watched Yu Yu Hakusho beginning to end about a zillion times. It's 112episodes long and I am so familiar with it that when i decide to watch it beginning to end, I just automatically skip the episodes that don't have any action. Doing that I actually spend maybe half a day (as opposed to 56 hours) watching it.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to say yes. That is because I start losing interest after awhile. I always loved the short anime that you could see injust 13 episodes but those are few these days. I think because american animation seldom makes it that far we are never accustomed to the longer anime becasue I know many people that are of the same mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast