+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: If anime is over 70 episodes, it is way too long

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: If anime is over 70 episodes, it is way too long

Some anime don't have enough episodes, like Cowboy Bebop had only 26 episodes. I say they should have gone to at least 50 that would have been awesome.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Well, the longer the better as long as the quality doesn't suffer. Problem is, most series can't keep up the quality for long enough. And if it's good then it's always over too soon, that's the impression I got at least.
    But I think it's better to end a series while it's good instead of strechting it.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Newbie AngelOfDarkness21 is off to a good start AngelOfDarkness21's Avatar
    Thanks

An Anime that is too long well to name a few there are cases like DBZ, Gundam Seed/Destiny, Bleach, and Naruto. That again was just a few...

Now there are some series that I have watched through and through and I enjoy every minute. Then there are some that I just had to walk away from because either I missed too many episodes, or in DBZ's case the entire series can be shortened into a 2 movie, once your cut out all the yelling, screaming, and pointlessness of what other characters are doing at the time, that doesnt even progress the story what so ever.

And then there is Naruto and Bleach both are series that I was enjoying, but I missed to many episodes and stopped watching because they are still not done making them. So I think Ill be like 25 before I ever pick either of those up again.

Then their is the series that I am watching now Shugo Chara! I really enjoy it though yes it is for kids. I just like everything about it, it's got some real depth and meaning to it, once you know everything.

Well I suppose thats enough outta me for now later.

AoD

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

When you think about it though it's like this. Some anime are short series but look at how many series there are to choose from and enjoy, so when you think about it the shorter the anime the quicker you can find a new series to enjoy...I hope that made some sort of sense.

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Like most of the people who have posted, I believed that it depends on the story and how much a filler arc effects that story. you could have a show like robotech (80's cartoon show known in Japan as Macross) which is so epic and rich in story that you could still be making episodes with out having to tap into a filler. Then you have the typical Shoenen Jump, which layers it self with filler and by the time you know it, the reader or viewer loses the reason why or what they were watching the show for (Naruto and Bleach). If these titles were filler free, they would still be over 70+ episodes because the story is run on the characters and the plot. these shows were designed to be long, which is why a shoenen title nowadays runs long in anime or manga form. But I believe if the story is strong and the story can continue w/o being too repeative, then yes it should go longer. I also saw someone saying that a show that is short should be extended, and I agree with that because like I said about long episodes, if the story is strong enough to go on then it should, but that is a topic for another post and maybe that person should post it.

Newbie NinjaRyu is off to a good start NinjaRyu's Avatar
    Thanks

No as long as the story still has a intriguing central plot then it doesn't matter. Shows like dbz went off course like the frieza fight they kept saying that the planet was going to explode in 5 min and 20 episodes later they were still fighting. Then in naruto you have ok fillers and then you get ninja chefs and ninja postmen wtf.
     click to show spoiler
    Mostly once the anime has caught up to manga is start going down due to fillers having nothing to do with the original story. Only one that I know of has managed to avoid that and still be good, FMA. Bleach would be another if not for the princess filler.
     click to show spoiler
    "I've come to deliver some bad luck" Train Hartnett

Otaku rajendran is off to a good start
    Thanks

Mmm wad i think is it depends on the various individuals...

those people who are crazy about the series will want it to go on forever... with good constant interesting new stuff happening in every stage...

others who like good stories would prefer them to be short, around 20+ episodes... but not too short(12 ep?)

people who watch anime for a month or so at 1 time would prefer a start and an end to every series they watch so they prefer if it werent too long because lets say for example university students who dont have time to watch anime other than during their vacations, would prefer short anime series that they can complete within their vacation period, rather than get onto a super long series where they'd have to catch up about 50-100 episodes in 1 go whenever a vacation comes by...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4