Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for a romantic comedy (manga).

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm looking for a romantic comedy (manga).

'm just looking for a young love, romantic comedy manga type deal. Any recommendations?

Keep eating so many dogs and you're bound to be Communist

Otaku AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I'm looking for a romantic comedy (manga).

Absolute Boyfriend for sure. ~_^
    Good stuff. The second one is coming out in english Aug 1st.

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

I like Ichigo Channel ^_^ It's about a girl who pretends to be a guy so she and her brother can join a singing group. Unfortunately I don't think has been released in English yet ^^;; If you are interested PM me about it, though.
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

I's - Licensed by Viz
    Ai Yori Aoshi - Tokyopop
    Socrates in Love - Viz
    Ichigo 100% - unlicense in N. America (licensed in Germany by Tokyopop)

I's - probably the only manga that moved me - near the end. I felt very emotional for the characters although its the typical guy gets girl but the different part for this is, there are 2 climax - the confession and the development of their relationships. Its by the creator of video girl ai, though there will be times that you will hate the main pathetic male character because of his inability to speak his mind. There are, of course fanservice thrown in. (description@viz)

Ai Yori Aoshi - A harem series where 1 guy is surrounded by a bunch of girls. Its like Love Hina, but more serious. If you are looking for a more serious romance comedy, I would recommend this one.
    Despite her family's protests, Aoi Sakuraba decides that she is going to marry Kaoru Hanabishi, her love of eighteen years. Once he realizes that her intentions are genuine - and that she's not just trying to get him to reconcile with his estranged (and domineering) family - he begins to definitely warm up to the idea, too. What obstacles must the two overcome in order to be together?
    Source: Tokyopop

Socrates in Love - only 1 vol. but
    The manga adaptation of the all-time best selling novel in Japan! Affectionately known as "Sekachu" in Japan, Socrates in Love became a national sensation bringing innocent love and romance to the forefront of Japan's ultra-hip mass market.
    Source: Viz.
    I found out about it while i was lurking at ANN seeing how this was adapted to many different mediums, I think it was from the internet then was adapted to a movie, manga and a novel. Because there is only 1 volume theres no fooling around, it gets to business right when it starts, though because there is only 1 volume it lacks some story depth but it delivers what the viewers want, drama.

Ichigo 100% - eh, another typical harem series. There is something in ichigo that kept me reading 19vol. full of BS. I think its the art and wanting to see the main male character end up dying as a lonely man because of his indecisiveness. Hard to believe this is done by a female artist with all the fanservice, panty shots, semi-nude scenes etc. The cute female characters is definately one of the strong point in Ichigo 100%.
    Ichigo 100% is about a boy named Manaka who dreams of being a film maker. One day, while heading up to the school roof to think, a girl drops down in front of him. Manaka is so stunned, he cannot remember anything about her except her strawberry panties. In his quest to find this girl, he finds himself confessing to the wrong girl, believing it was her panties he saw. Suddenly, beautiful girls start falling in love with him. Join Manaka in the dilemma of which girl he should pick. Should he accept one of these girls, or keep his love for the strawberry girl?
    Source: manganews
    Last edited by ZeRoGravity; Jun 07, 2006 at 03:43 PM.

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry, I meant unlicensed stuff. Like scanlations.

Keep eating so many dogs and you're bound to be Communist

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Ooh, Absolute Boyfriend is a good one! ^^ I hope the wait for volume III isn't as long as the wait for II ^_^;;

I suggest you try Kodocha or Girl Got Game (though I'm not sure this counts as a romantic comedy... its one of the few mangas that has made me laugh out loud several times though). I hear Evangelion: Angelic Days is pretty light and funny too.
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Otaku AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_G135
    Ooh, Absolute Boyfriend is a good one! ^^ I hope the wait for volume III isn't as long as the wait for II ^_^;;

I suggest you try Kodocha or Girl Got Game (though I'm not sure this counts as a romantic comedy... its one of the few mangas that has made me laugh out loud several times though). I hear Evangelion: Angelic Days is pretty light and funny too.
    Tell me about it. It has taken a life time and a half just for the second one to come out!

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks

Absolute Boyfriend and host club are my fav and i love them hopefully u will too!
    I will fight until i find what i'm looking for...you can not judge me on my apperence I am a Warrior. If you have a problem with me..... then my blades will meet your neck.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast