+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Initial D

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

Initial D

Have any of you seen this anime. This series has to be one of my favorite. The whole plot of the series is base on illegal Japanese street racing. the animation is pretty good but the animation in the car scenes are even better. My favorite car in the series is the Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (BNR32)

Newbie hendo24 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Initial D

hey i was going to watch that but the subtitles werent the best! probably because im watching it online! is it worth hunting down then?
    50% Shinigami
    50% Hollow
    100% Vizard

syd
    Thanks

yes, it has a really good plot. If you can get you hands on the english Dub verion that would be the great.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

And since FUNimation is selling a new Digi-pack of Initial D (first and second season) at a very reasonable price, there is really no excuse for not buying your own copy...

Initial D DVD Box Set (UNCUT)
    (P) Initial D - Second Stage
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

syd
    Thanks

That is a really good deal comparing to what I spend on the each single dvd(14 total). Although I got free stuff in almost every dvd.

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

i have the first few stages on dvd...but the CG scenes kinda put me off...but i do have the Manga up to 27...the manga race scenes seem to carry more speed in my opinion...so um, does the CG get any better as the series moves along?? cause honestly some of those races...the backgrounds..good god, i couldnt watch it after a while...
    as for the cars, My friend has a AE86 set up for drifting with the JDM bumpers and deck wing...has the same rims, but its blue/black with gunmetal rims, and an MR2 engine...a hot car for sure...i'll stick to small and light...the 86 or an FD ftw...
    Don't Panic

syd
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jepray View Post
    i have the first few stages on dvd...but the CG scenes kinda put me off...but i do have the Manga up to 27...the manga race scenes seem to carry more speed in my opinion...so um, does the CG get any better as the series moves along?? cause honestly some of those races...the backgrounds..good god, i couldnt watch it after a while...
    as for the cars, My friend has a AE86 set up for drifting with the JDM bumpers and deck wing...has the same rims, but its blue/black with gunmetal rims, and an MR2 engine...a hot car for sure...i'll stick to small and light...the 86 or an FD ftw...
    I agree with you on that. the cg was ok when it came to the car but the cg in the backroungs was really bad. the people looked flat. In the last episodes the cg gets better but not very much.

+ Reply to Thread