Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Characters

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting Characters

Is there any anime charater whose development changed your initial reaction to them?

For example, mine would be Izumi from Princess Nine. At the beginning of the series, her rich girl attitude, uber-competiveness, and cruel treatment of Ryo made me intensely dislike her (as I'm sure was the intention). As the series went on, Izumi never became sugary-sweet, but she did begin to show signs that she actually cared about the team and its members, although where Ryo was concerned, she still couldn't bring herself to be kind. The ending shot of the show really showed that Izumi had grown from a selfish, love-starved brat into someone who could put others before herself. I was surprised to find that she became such a great character, one of my favorites in the show.

Just a note: This is meant to be a sort of character analysis, not just who's your favorite character.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Interesting Characters

an interesting topic

the most recent character off the top of my head would have to be Ray Lundgren from gun x sword. initially portreyed as cold, and heartless (though not without reason) he even shuns his own brother in order to carry out his revenge. as annoying as his brother was, it was one of the main reasons why i detested his personallity.
    as the anime wore on, especially towards the end, he really showed that he had matured, and without getting too spoily, his departure from the anime was one of the sadder moments.

its surprisingly hard to think of anime with "authentic" character growth... but maybe "initial reaction" could be changed by factors other than development of character, such as revealing of background story?

i'll be sure to post if i think of some more ^^

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

:O Oh yea.

I disliked Tohma from Gravitation in the start. No more like half way though the anime. I started to understand him in the last comics. I never got him. The weird part is I thought he was cool. Till he showed his true colors. :O When I realized, what he had done, was because it was all he knew. He grew on me. :O But did I dislike him.

He's one of those char. That act nice to everyone, and smiles all the time. So you figure he's cool. >.> na uh~!! What made him so cool, was, he was always one step in front of you, and one thought. He had everything planed. But when it got more into that book. He was lossing connection. Not knowing everything.

He liked played a game~ ^_^ As if life was a game, and he knew he could~ What made me like him more, is when he realized his true responibity was his wife~

^_^

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks

lol i jes thought of another one: aizen from bleach xD *might be a bit spoilery*

he was so nice and gentle and loving that you could foresee his death coming a mile away lol. it was sad when he died, but then you find out he didnt really die and that hes one of the bad guys and its like... wtfbbq o.O major change to initial reaction id say

proly not classified as character development either... more like the story-writers whim to turn him bad and spice up the story at the last minute :P

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Good responses so far, and I want to mention that this can also go in the other direction: was there a character that you initially liked, then ended up hating by the end of the series?

For me, that's Griffith from Berserk. He was ambitious, and his whole life summed up to attaining his dream, but in the beginning he was always looking out for his comrades. By the end of the series, Griffith betrayed everyone who loved and worshipped him for power. It made me think he never really cared about them anyway, thus I went from thinking he was an okay guy to thinking he was a total jerk.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

A character that changed on me, Kikyo from InuYasha I felt that she was cold and that her being so was an error on the part of the creator because they had this wonderful woman that comes back as total evil. By the end of the show I really started to see the justification behind why she was so tormented and even saw that most of it seemed to be a fake and that the good preistess was still there....

Otaku Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward may be famous one day Pride_Edward's Avatar
    Thanks

The interesting character that i liked the first time i saw was Neji from Naruto. He is quite a genius but has a very sad past. My mind didn't change until the end of the series. He was still the character that i was interested up til now...

Fallen Angel of Darkness mangalovertje may be famous one day mangalovertje may be famous one day mangalovertje's Avatar
    Somewhere I can be at peace...With my mind and my heart...In the Darkness...
    Thanks

die ik interessant vindt is:
    Dark van D.N.Angel want hij doet alsof hij geen gevoelens heeft maar
    dat heeft hij wel. en ik mag hem wel hoe hij reageert op dingen die gebeuren.
    hij vindt Riku leuk maar soms snap ik hem niet maar dat is grappig van hem. maar hij moet oppassen dat zij niet achter zijn geheim komt dus wordt dat moeilijk.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast