+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I've become desperate to find an old anime...

Newbie elbeaver is off to a good start
    Thanks

I've become desperate to find an old anime...

But I do not know the name or even it's characters.
    I remember a bit of the story, I probably saw 8 - 12 years ago.

- The movie seemed a 2D mixed with 3D combination, not sure. Could be one of the first. Mostly 2D
    - It was about the extinction of the human race and this one last human boy that I think was some kind of slave/helper to an alien race.

- In the end they found something that looked like a ball that could terraform a planet and thus make a new Earth. I think his father designed it.

I really miss this in my small collection. It made quite an impression. Been looking for years now from time to time with these few keywords but it seems impossible.

Thanks very much in advance!
    Last edited by elbeaver; Oct 07, 2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: problem solved - title: Titan A.E.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I've come desperately to find an old anime...

Quote Originally Posted by elbeaver View Post
    But I do not know the name or even it's characters.
    I remember a bit of the story, I probably saw 8 - 12 years ago.

- The movie seemed a 2D mixed with 3D combination, not sure. Could be one of the first. Mostly 2D
    - It was about the extinction of the human race and this one last human boy that I think was some kind of slave/helper to an alien race.

- In the end they found something that looked like a ball that could terraform a planet and thus make a new Earth. I think his father designed it.

I really miss this in my small collection. It made quite an impression. Been looking for years now from time to time with these few keywords but it seems impossible.

Thanks very much in advance!
    I wish I could help, but your description is kinda vague. It sounds a lot like several different anime. Blue Submarine No. 6 is the only post-apocalyptic anime that combines 2D and 3D animation that I can think of at the moment. If something else rings a bell, I'll let ya know.

Thanks
    Plz do so!

People who have seen it, probably know. Especially with that last part of terraforming.

If I know the name I'll recommend it to everyone who hasn't seen it, hehe.
    I'll try another search with New Earth in the keywords.

Thnx for reply.

Holy smoke!

I just got a hit from IMDB
    the movie is called:

!!! TITAN A.E. !!!
    Last edited by aceman67; Oct 08, 2010 at 02:53 AM.

Otaku gaaralover123 is off to a good start gaaralover123's Avatar
    Thanks

the oldest anime is called kakakkia. they started to show this show on adult swim. i an soo happy that they brought it back
    I AM WHO I AM SO IF YOU DONT LIKE IT KISS MY A$$! lol

Thanks

yay, I'll check it out this one isn't as old as I thought. But sitll from 2000 with the voices of Mat Damon and Drew Barrymore...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaaralover123 View Post
    the oldest anime is called kakakkia. they started to show this show on adult swim. i an soo happy that they brought it back
    No, the oldest anime is Astroboy from the 1950s, followed by Kimba the White Lion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    No, the oldest anime is Astroboy from the 1950s, followed by Kimba the White Lion.
    Thnx! I'm not that into Anime, but knowledge is cool Too many games and other movies to watch; next to anime.

To think of it, I was also looking for another anime. But I don't think I'll ever find it. I hope I can make a list of what's happened in that movie and summon it up in Google and here.

+ Reply to Thread