Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Japan's Anime Top 50!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Japan's Anime Top 50!!!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Today, the Japan Ministry of Education's Agency for Cultural Affairs has published the results of a series of elimination polls that they've been having to establish the 50 most popular (that is, Japanese Popular...) Anime series of ALL TIMES...

Best Anime Ranking ยป Japan Probe

So how many of these features have you seen??? And how many haven't you've seen. (For my self, there's 14 I haven't seen, but two are on my priority purchase list when they start their Region 1 DVD release..) And what series do you think are top 50 worthy that aren't on this list, (but please explain why you think their worthy, and why their not on this list)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japan's Anime Top 50!!!

i've seen 11 from the top fifty! a lot more than i thought i would see!

i think the list is pretty standard, but i was a little disappointed that Evagelion had the top spot, but again... it is pretty popular, huh? i was really happy that so many Studio Ghibli movies were on the list! thems is good stuff!!!

but... Doraemon was on their twice, were there different series?

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

I've seen 16 of the top 50, I've never heard of two of them
    Manga Nippon Mukashi Banashi and Heidi, Girl of the Alps, have you seen those LenMiyata?

I like the write in list just below the top 50 more than the top 50, I am really glad that GITS: SAC is that popular in Japan (Come on season 3). I really want to know where is Tenchi Muyo is though take the Crayon Shin-chan movie out and put Tenchi in.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazawa View Post
    I've seen 16 of the top 50, I've never heard of two of them
    Manga Nippon Mukashi Banashi and Heidi, Girl of the Alps, have you seen those LenMiyata?

I like the write in list just below the top 50 more than the top 50, I am really glad that GITS: SAC is that popular in Japan (Come on season 3). I really want to know where is Tenchi Muyo is though take the Crayon Shin-chan movie out and put Tenchi in.
    No, those two are among the 14 that I've haven't seen. Many of the ones that I've haven't seen either never have had a US release (such as the first season of 'Lupin III', or 'Legend of the Galactic heroes') or have had badly flawed US releases (such as the Toei Studios first direct venture into the US market, 'Slam Dunk' which was technically flawed, and after unsurprisingly poor sales, the series was canceled incomplete after the 4th DVD of the series. And the English Dub of 'Shin-chan' penned by the staff of Adult Swim has little resemblance to the cute childrens program 'Crayon Shin-chan'...)

'Doraemon' is on their twice, but one of the listings refer to the series of theatrical Movie releases.

I already have a pre-order made for the first DVD + Artbox for 'Mushishi' which has been described as Anime meets X-Files, but with Shinto Spirits instead of Alien invaders. And ADV Films has the license for 'Keroro Gunsou' (Sgt. Frog) but with no official release schedule for the 1st DVD.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

Japan's Anime Top 50!!!

I've seen 11 only. And never heard about 4 or 5.

I'm not very agree with Evangelion on top. Is very popular but no more. Another series onf the rank are better. Evangelion is only "noise" and cause of nonsense discutions in the "otakus" underground world, talking about the ending or another things.

Hey! Sailor Moon is on the list but no Saint Seiya! Is very strange.

BTW, i saw Heidi on my infance. On my contry it was transmitted on TV when i was 6 years old. And Astro Boy Too!
    "Knowledge is power"

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

wow I've seen 12 of those 50 and 3 from the "write-in section"
    but 4 of those I havent finished so does that count? idk lol
    I didnt even realize I've seen that many yet lol >.<
    I'd have to say my fav there will always be Sailor Moon
    (there are some really old ones up there O.O)
    actually I cant wait to see how that list will change next year because
    there are some shows out now that I feel should be on there lol
    like Bleach
    Naruto
    Tokko
    Blood Plus
    and so on lol >.<

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad to see Mushishi at the number six spot.

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh yea, Aria made it in the top 8 in the write-in. At least it is recognized.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast