Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Japan's Anime Top 50!!!

Newbie Shincus may be famous one day Shincus may be famous one day Shincus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japan's Anime Top 50!!!

i have only seen11 out of 50 but i was very dissapointed why Gundam Seed Destiny and Fafner was not in the list
    Still Gundam Seed and Fullmetal Alchemist are in the list.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

well that list just reminded me of a whole lot of series that i forgot about. man so many that i need to watch. only seen 10 of them on the list. most of which aren't ranked that high.

but it really jolted my memory for castle in the sky. saw a promo for that movie but i forgot to go and buy. i really want to get my collection of ghilbli movies started. i only got one of them so far, so many more to go.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Well I found a Movie hire place which has heaps on Anime on it's shelves, so it looks like I'm gonna have to sign up & catch up with a few other titles on that list. If you don't hear from me for a while, it's cause I'm watching all the Anime I've hired out...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

i have seen 10 of them ^^

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind ( movie )
    Laputa: Castle in the Sky ( movie )
    My Neighbor Totoro ( movie )
    Dragon Ball ( series not all of it tho cos they always get took off T.T)
    Princess Mononoke ( movie )
    Spirited Away ( movie )
    Porco Rosso ( movie)
    Card Captor Sakura ( series and has 2 movies)
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ( series only in japnese so fair)
    Sailor Moon ( series and a few movies dont know how many though )

theres soo much studo gibl in this ^__^

Otaku Karn may be famous one day Karn may be famous one day Karn's Avatar
    Thanks

The best thing about the list is that Legend of the Galactic Heroes is on it. LotGH is simply one of the best anime I've ever seen.

There are a couple series on there I haven't seen at all (Kamichu!, Manga Nippon Mukashi Banashi, Future Boy Conan, the Doraemon movie, and Heidi, Girl of the Alps,), some I never finished due to disinterest (Full Metal Alchemist, Samurai 7, Haruhi), some I'm still watching (Sgt. Frog), and a few I've only seen random episodes of (Crayon Shin-chan, Doraemon, Lupin TV), but most of the list I've already seen. I've only seen Gaogaigar and Gaogaigar FINAL for the "Brave Series" listing though. I'm guessing the "Astro Boy" spot was for the original black and white series?

Its a pretty ordinary looking list. Gundam SEED being on the list was disappointing for me, if only because it is one of my least favorite Gundam series, but I wouldn't have expected something like Turn A Gundam to make it on there anyway. I would have thought Macross would have made the list somewhere though. Interesting that Voices of a Distant Star made it so high though, considering how short it is.

Lots of Ghibli stuff on the list was expected (disappointing that my favorite Studio Ghibli film, Whisper of the Heart, didn't make the list though, but not surprising). MS Gundam being so high is fine, though not my favorite Gundam by any stretch (I'm sure it being the first one gave it such a high spot). Great to see Wings of Honneamise and Nadia. Nice to see Slam Dunk, too.

One series that I would have been overjoyed to see on the list? Giant Robo the Animation, a 7 episode OVA series directed by Yasuhiro Imagawa. That series is the sole purpose I even watch anime. Back in the day, I would watch a lot of interesting "stylish" anime just because I found them "cool" (The Guyver OVAs, Iria, Akira, Bubblegum Crisis - all of which I still enjoy greatly), but Giant Robo (along with Gunbuster, though Gunbuster had quite a bit of fanservice and whatnot) was the first to make me realize that animation could tell a great story as well as have awesome stylized action. Sure, it took awhile to finally get the whole story (the 7 episodes were released from 1992 to 1998, of course I started watching the series in 1995, so the first couple episodes were already available for me to rewatch - in dub form anyway - over and over until the next one). It never would have made the list though...I would have also liked to have seen Armored Trooper VOTOMS get on there, simply because its my favorite "real robot" series. I just think it was an extremely well executed story with some great scripting (for not saying much, the main character is given some of the most poetic lines I've heard in animation). But, I could go on and on about what series I would have put on a top 50 list (Rose of Versailles, Romeo's Blue Skies, etc., etc.). Still, for a "popular" list I guess its decent.
    Last edited by Karn; Jun 29, 2007 at 09:53 PM.

Newbie Ransaeo may be famous one day Ransaeo may be famous one day Ransaeo's Avatar
    Thanks

I've seen 14 out of the 50. And i also disagree with that list. It's true that there are some far better anime that could be on that list.
    Tastes like sugar. Looks like sugar. But it's not sugar.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

There are 15 I haven't seen (most of which are Gundam related, hahahah). But I'm surprised. Surprised to see, for example, Grave of the Fireflies in 32 when I think it should be a lot higher up. I'm not sure I agree with their choice of Hoshi no Koe at 26, though. I didn't like it. It was a pretty sad movie, pretty good story too, and I cried and all, but gee.... it was SO slow. The conversations didn't sound real. I nearly fell asleep. +__+

And let's be honest here. How did Keroro Gunsou, Slam Dunk and Meitantei Conan even make the list??? I'm guessing "best" simply means "most popular".

Newbie Kisa Uchiha is off to a good start Kisa Uchiha's Avatar
    Thanks

I've seen about 14. I guess. Aww, there's so many other popular anime. If you've never heard of it, I think it's because, it's only in japan.
    I luv cats!!! ^_^

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast