+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kappa Mikey

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Kappa Mikey

First off, since Kappa Mikey does have anime elements in it and is based around Japan, i figured that the anime section would be perfect. If any mods have a better place for it, please do not hesitate to move it.

Ah, Kappa Mikey. One of the more recent editions to the Nickelodeon Roster. I had my doubts about this show before. All in all i think it is a funny show that can be enjoyed by all.

If you don't know what the show is about let me tell you. A boy named Mikey Simon from America (who is also drawn in an American way) wins a contest to become the newest star of the hit show in Japan "Lilymu." He arrives in Japan and meets the cast. They include Guano, Gonard, Lily, and Mitsuki (all drawn as an anime). He then becomes the hero Kappa Mikey, and hilarity ensues as the cast and crew have mishaps both on and off the set.

My questions to you are:
    1. If you've seen the show, what do you think of it?
    2. What do you think could be done better/should be improved upon/left out?
    3. Favorite character and why?
    4. Anything else you'd like to add to keep the conversations flowing?

To answer my own questions:
    1. i think the show got off a little shaky at first, but it really has some funny aspects to it.
    2. i think that the pilot episode should have been played first. they showed it in season 2 entitled "The Lost Pilot"
    3. I like mtsuki because no one really pays attention to her or knows of her existance. plus she can be devilishly funny at times.
    4. Reallynothing more to add.
    Why hello there!

Otaku Byaku Guy is off to a good start Byaku Guy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Kappa Mikey

I've seen it a few times and I kind of like it. The anime characters are funny and well voiced. The stories and plots for the episodes, though, could be a bit stronger.
    This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face.

Newbie amatsubu is off to a good start amatsubu's Avatar
    In the most corrupt, and scheming boarding school ever...cause my parents hate me v.v
    Thanks

Squeeeeeeee!!! I love that show! It entertains me so much!
    I have to say that they enjoy making fun of other animes and by all means that's hilarious, but I think that they should encorparter in a wider array of animes ^.^ it is so hard to choose my fav. character I love each of them in their own individual way I guess I would have to choose between gonard because of his stupidity or yes man because he is merely entertaining!
    I think that the thing that truley captured my intention was the dancing sushi i absolutely love them!!!

Newbie otakuQT may be famous one day otakuQT may be famous one day otakuQT's Avatar
    Thanks

i've heard that its a bit weird.....i've also heard that Beat Crusaders does their op, thats a plus.

Otaku animemeg may be famous one day animemeg may be famous one day animemeg's Avatar
    Thanks

I have seen a bit of it and am not a fan....

It's a Disney channel show so regardless of the coolness that it's managed to bring a lot of anime elements it still at the end of the day sucks because the humor is so low.

I would like to see a show like that though geared towards an older auidence, I think it would help bring more anime fans into the world

In the most corrupt, and scheming boarding school ever...cause my parents hate me v.v
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by animemeg View Post
    I have seen a bit of it and am not a fan....

It's a Disney channel show so regardless of the coolness that it's managed to bring a lot of anime elements it still at the end of the day sucks because the humor is so low.

I would like to see a show like that though geared towards an older auidence, I think it would help bring more anime fans into the world
    I totally agree with you... i would love to see that as well!

Newbie Mitsarugii is off to a good start Mitsarugii's Avatar
    Next to an explosive Toilet Paper Factory
    Thanks

Haha, Gonard cracks me up so much. "Guano" means bat-crap. Which I found amusing o.o XD But so many anime fans HATE this show. I thought it wasn't going to have another season because it seemed like everyone was hating it, but I guess theirs quite a few fans of it now. The newest episode "Tin-Putt" was pretty funny. But my favorite episode so far is "Camp" where all the gang goes camping except Gonard, who goes to a cheerleading camp. and he becomes friend with a gothic chick, hahaha, it was really funny who mikey and the others meet in the woods. Just a hilarious episode IMO.
    "The gate to my heart has been weld shut
    with the splendor of my aspirations closed in
    how many years have we waited
    for a ship that never set sail?"
    lyrics by As I Lay Dying

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsarugii View Post
    Haha, Gonard cracks me up so much. "Guano" means bat-crap. Which I found amusing o.o XD But so many anime fans HATE this show. I thought it wasn't going to have another season because it seemed like everyone was hating it, but I guess theirs quite a few fans of it now. The newest episode "Tin-Putt" was pretty funny. But my favorite episode so far is "Camp" where all the gang goes camping except Gonard, who goes to a cheerleading camp. and he becomes friend with a gothic chick, hahaha, it was really funny who mikey and the others meet in the woods. Just a hilarious episode IMO.
    omg they made more...(you have to excuse me I'm locked away from the world in a boarding school) I'm so jealous you can see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast