+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keroro Gunsō/Sergeant Frog

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Keroro Gunsō/Sergeant Frog

Surprised that a thread hasn't been made about this series yet. I thought it was pretty good manage to catch a few episodes on Youtube recently. Wonder if anyone else have seen it.

Gist of the story: Gunso is the leader of a group of frogs that were suppose to infiltrate and take over Earth. However, due to some reason their brigade or army decide to abandon his group while they were still on the mission. Gunso infiltrated this one household where they took him in. Single mother is a editor at a comic studio, and the daughter and son are students. Gunso is suppose to be finding his comrades and taking over Earth, but ends up being occupied with surfing the net, doing house chores and building Gundam models. Humor ensues.

Pretty funny stuff, definitely a breath of fresh air for me. However pace is quite fast and I have trouble catching up with the subs. Maybe I'm just rusty.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Keroro Gunso/Sargeant Frog

I know what you mean there Legend, the Sergeant and his squad doenst get the attention that they deserve. I'm guessing its mainly due to the fact that they're frog like aliens thats invaded only the manga media in the US...the anime series took a while to get a guessed date of release. But....THE WAIT IS NEARLY OVER!! According to wiki they say that its probably due out Feb '08...but now they say that its not really an "official" date and their guess is sometime in the first quarter of '08. Either ways, its about time that the Sgt made his way overseas. How else was he planning to conquer the Earth!?

Sgt. Frog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Personally I really enjoy the manga, even in the English versions. (o.O) They still manage to keep most of the humor intact and still keep things flowing within the story. Still some otaku references that get overlooked but hey, theres a limit to what they can do for translations. As you say its rather "fresh". Definitely out of the ordinary.

~*salutes the Sergeant*
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Keroro Gunso also took an award at the Tokyo International Anime Festival for Best TV series... ADV Films currently has the Region 1 license for this series, but no announced released date. I'm reserving room in my Anime budget for this when it does come out...

Sgt. Frog: ADV Films splash page
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Keroro Gunso also took an award at the Tokyo International Anime Festival for Best TV series... ADV Films currently has the Region 1 license for this series, but no announced released date. I'm reserving room in my Anime budget for this when it does come out...

Sgt. Frog: ADV Films splash page
    I'm just really surprised, since I do not follow closely to which animes are released in the US and stuff. As a result I didn't know that Sergeant Frog is still not out. It was one of the more widely pushed animes back at the Anime Expo, the mascot on the badges were Gunso, and there was an actual Gunso parading around and such. That's why no thread has been created yet...cuz they were promoting Black Lagoon at the same time and it was out almost a month later or something.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Keroro Gunsō/Sergeant Frog

Yeah i read sgt frog it was ok pretty funny but weird like with those double identitied people

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

+ Reply to Thread