+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Law Journal Article Supports Fansubs

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Law Journal Article Supports Fansubs

Law Journal Article Supports Fansubs (Updated) - Anime News Network

Personally I believe that this would be a good thing overall as, yes technically it can be seen as illegal for the distribution, sharing, or otherwise taking of anime in some countries, but as this is for the U.S. side of the spectrum it could greatly help out those who are only stuck watching the "filtered" anime that are on TV for some reasons like child and have no money, or have the money but no stores around from which to buy thr anime from.

From where I live Anime has a HUGE bad reputation and from what I know - for much of this is merely rumors I hear when I stand at the anime setion of a store - those ideals are based on the mainstream anime, those only shown on TV. If this does happen however unlikely that may be, it'll be a great help for anime throughout the U.S.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zyta For This Useful Post:

Legend (Jul 31, 2008)

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Law Journal Article Supports Fansubs

law school student Joshua Daniels, argues that heavy editing of Japanese anime series for American release, as was the case with 4Kids Entertainment's handling of One Piece, is a violation of the moral rights of its creators
    I LOL'd.

I guess this moron* doesn't know that Oda and the people in charge of One Piece in Japan approved of most [if not all] of the changes that were done in the 4Kids dub. Most Japanese companies and creators approved of and evenly actively and cooperatively made the changes themselves that were done to their series just for the sake of making it more pleasing to the American market. Back when Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z first came out, their respective creators and owners did the same thing just for the sake of creating more appeal to the American market.

A violation of the moral rights of the creators? How can that be so when these so-called violations were made by the creators themselves?

*used affectionately
    Last edited by Innerhell; Aug 01, 2008 at 01:06 AM.
    I love my girlfriend.

+ Reply to Thread