Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Live action anime. How do you feel???

Newbie D4RK Joker is off to a good start D4RK Joker's Avatar
    Thanks

Live action anime. How do you feel???

I've seen live action anime movies but I'm torn on the topic. Some like the Death Note movies where good but others like the Dragon Ball Movie where so bad that I don't know if the idea is a good one of not. With the upcomeing Last Air Bender movie I've adopted the idea of hope for the best but expect the worst and I wounder how you feel about the idea of live action anime is it a good one a bad one? So tell me how you feel.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Live action anime. How do you feel???

Grumble Grumble Grumble

It isn't so much live action 'Anime'. More often its the case of live action 'Manga', as the live action and anime are based on, (or inspired) by the same original Manga story. As far as the quality of the movie, this always depends on the writer and producers. The movie series based on the manga 'Lone Wolf & Cub' are an excellent as a stand alone samurai movie series. Unfortunately, the vast number of live action TV and Movies produced are rarely distributed outside of Japan.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

You, know I loved the two DeathNote movies. They were awesome, and I even enjoyed the Dragonball movie. Everyone thought it was cheesy but so was the series. To make things acceptable to American audiences they have to cut a lot.

Newbie D4RK Joker is off to a good start D4RK Joker's Avatar
    Thanks

well how do you think the last air bender movie will do?? I think if it ends up like dragon ball than america should stop trying to make these movies

Otaku Kurai is off to a good start Kurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Avatar: The Last Airbender isn't Anime, it's just Anime inspired.

Warner Brothers are making a Death Note movie that is released next year. I don't know what the Japanese ones were like, since I haven't seen them, but based on the critisism Dragonball Evolution gets, I'm hoping the American adaption of Death Note doesn't turn out like that, or that they don't cast Zac Efron as Light.

Newbie AlexKeller is off to a good start AlexKeller's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe art should be kept in the realm it was created in...No adaptation...But it's all opinionated, so eh...
    If I like an Anime live action movie, then word, but if the film industry decided to stop milking Anime in that way, then word.
    I'm take it or leave it.
    Music: www.soundclick.com/alexkkkeller

Otaku ToxicShadow is off to a good start ToxicShadow's Avatar
    Thanks

there is another death note movie called L changed the world and honestlty if i could i would try to get the part but unfourtunantly my mom didnt put me in acting school when i was offered the chance sometime back if i could rewind time i would so i can either play L or light
    Hold me Like you held on to life When all fears came alive and entombed me Love me Like you love the sun Scorching the blood in my vampire heart

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kurai View Post
    Avatar: The Last Airbender isn't Anime, it's just Anime inspired.

Warner Brothers are making a Death Note movie that is released next year. I don't know what the Japanese ones were like, since I haven't seen them, but based on the critisism Dragonball Evolution gets, I'm hoping the American adaption of Death Note doesn't turn out like that, or that they don't cast Zac Efron as Light.
    I have heard of this project and I can't imagine why they would do such a thing. The first movie was perfect. I wonder if they are making a live action of the anime or simply a remake of the japanese live action?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast