Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Live action anime. How do you feel???

Newbie kingmustang is off to a good start kingmustang's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Live action anime. How do you feel???

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    You, know I loved the two DeathNote movies. They were awesome, and I even enjoyed the Dragonball movie. Everyone thought it was cheesy but so was the series. To make things acceptable to American audiences they have to cut a lot.
    I agree, my brother and I think the DBZ movie was grate. They did a good job finding the right actors to play the characters. Yes it was a bit cheesy but, as Beast said, so was the series!! Personally it made me LMAO
    Sword in hand, fire in heart, I walk towards my future just playing my part.
    The school of the undefeated East! The winds of the king! Zenshin! Keiretsu! Tempa! Kyoran! Look! The East is burning red!” (G Gundam)
    Ride Fast, Live Free & Stay strong.

Newbie Pathfinder is off to a good start
    Thanks

I'm also torn on the subject about "live action" Anime/Manga. I've seen some good "live action" movies based on anime/manga like the Nana movies. The thing is though I don't agree with these types of movies just being made because they can! I don't agree with "americanizing" anime/manga for our audiences. We shouldn't cut or change the art work that so many people have worked so hard on so that the general populace will "get" them! Look I'm all for bringing Anime/Manga to the general public but I just don't think we should sacrifice story or art (or talent) just so that "everyone" relates to it! More often then not these movies are not very well translated. I often find that the characters come across very cartoony!
    If I understand correctly the Nana movies and DeathNote movies were produced in Japan with Japanese actors who understood and respected the artists that wrote the Anime/Manga and the fans that love them. I feel that some of the "live action" movies being released now are just someone trying to cash in on the popularity of these Anime/Manga.
    I know a lot of people probably won't agree, this is just my opinion.

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Live action anime can be either good or bad like anything else. I find most a rip off and chessy though compared to anime. Its so much easier to make it cool on an anime. When its people alot of the characters looks really bad and so do the creatures.

Newbie shonic1001 is off to a good start shonic1001's Avatar
    Thanks

The Dragon Ball movie, in my opinion, was bad. It didn't really follow the story line, which I wasn't expecting it to completely, but it varied way to much for me. The Avatar movie looks good so far, and from what I heard it's suppose to be the whole first book. It'll be condensed if it is, but they can pull it off if they're careful. I'm still undecided myself, but if I had to chose, based on what I've seen so far, I'd have to say it isn't a good idea, but the Avatar movie may change my mind.

Newbie TheDarknesInTheLight is off to a good start TheDarknesInTheLight's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Live action anime. How do you feel???

well with animes like death note its really easy to make a live action cause its set in a more realistic manner then most others now as for DBZ ya that was just horrible i mean i have seen some fan made ones that are 100 times better... and as for the last air bender it looks good on the adds on tv but i to am expecting the worst as well i think that if there going to make live action they need to be on anime that are more realistic so that its harder for the bad directers they give them to to mess up on them...
    The closer you get the light the greater your darkness becomes...

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Live action anime... is fail. Almost always it's fail.

A lot of the time it's mega fail because the characters being portrayed are well loved - And so the expectations placed on the particular actor are very high. Naturally it's impossible to meet those expectations.

I hated the DBZ movie so much ... I was reluctant to see it in the first place. But my friends and I went and saw it in the theater... And we walked out in the middle of the movie. Cheesy is one thing. I expected that. But the characters were so off I wanted to scream. At least get the look right.

The Death Note movies were actually really interesting. Ryuk looked awesome. L was portrayed a bit over exaggerated, but the look and the mannerisms were right. The guy that played Light was... Not quite right, but he tried. Overall it wasn't THAT bad.

This business with The Last Airbender is going to fail hard too. (Even though it's not anime, but it's inspired by anime) I'm sure the movie will be "good" to many who haven't seen Avatar.... But I can tell by the actors they picked it's fail.

Trying to turn something like anime into a movie is just too difficult to get right. There are some anime series that can make good movies, like Nana. It was very very very well done. It was like a cast of really good cosplay! LOL! There were a few things wrong, but that's to be expected. But there's no action in it... It's a drama anime. They didn't use the music from the anime ... They wrote some new stuff that was TOTALLY wrong for the particular bands being portrayed.

They jump on this bandwagon of anime that is popular, and try to turn them into movies. I'm terrified of the Cowboy Bebop movie... It's going to suck so bad I just know it. :/

Newbie D4RK Joker is off to a good start D4RK Joker's Avatar
    Thanks

Hold up there's a cowboy bebop movie??? And the DragonBall movie didn't even have Krillin. But who knows these movies could be the new comic book movie... ha ha that was a joke.

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

The Last Airbender was...AMAZING! Go see it. I doubt you'll be disappointed. It's rare for a cartoon to be adapted to well into a movie. It's the exact opposite of the DBZ movie or The Legend of Chun-Li where it honestly seemed like the made things up as they went along.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast