+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Anime that involves...

Newbie Slate owns you is off to a good start
    Thanks

Looking for a Anime that involves...

A very in-depth main char, Pref a male who has a bad internal conflict within himself to save his friends. Kinda like Naruto I would say but maby darker and someone who actually fights more.

Basically for a plot summary something along the lines of... A man's powers for greatness awakens when his friends/family is in great danger, and he fights to become even more powerful to defend his loved ones from harm. His internal conflict would be something like fear that he will not be strong enough to protect them. Setting wise I think around the lines of Naruto, I'm aiming more for super-powers* per say than a man with a gun or so on.

So.... Any Ideal

Newbie rimmy is off to a good start rimmy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Looking for a Anime that involves...

theres bleach ichigo later in the show he fights to rescue his friend, gundam seed he fights to protect his friends with a gundam and fights against his best friend, theres dragonball z gohon has hidden power these are the only shows i have seen that kinda fit what your looking for.

Thanks

Yea I'm currently watching Bleach right now, Speaking about dragon ball z I actually have all the episodes on my computer

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say Darker than black is similiar. DNAngel is like that and Ceres Celestial legend.

Newbie Skizzit is off to a good start Skizzit's Avatar
    Thanks

Yu Yu Hakucho is pretty close to what you are looking for. Kid dies but gets brought back as a Spirit Detective. He gains new abilities and must fight off demons and other things who threaten the human world. All the while, he tries to maintain a regular student life and make sure the two lives he is leading do not mix.

Darker Than Black involves a main character with powers, but you do now know what he is fighting for until close to the end of the first season. Most of the series involves the mystery behind why people like the main character got powers and what the main character is after. It is very good though.
    Last edited by Skizzit; Dec 04, 2009 at 02:46 AM.
    Who needs a signature.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

You pretty much summarrized Darker than Black. Bleach may be fun, but there's nothing rly dark about the main character. his hollowform doesn't count because he takes control of it too easily. Neon Genesis Evangelion is heavy on the internal conflict if you don't mind scratching your head and cussing at your TV in utter confusion half the time.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Thanks

Awh yes I remember Yu Yu Hakisho, Very good. First watched that on Toonami but they ended it after the dark tourney and I never got around to watching the rest. Now that u mention it I will probly finish it up.
    And yea I'm going to have to look into some of those mentioned.

Newbie Skizzit is off to a good start Skizzit's Avatar
    Thanks

There is also Blood+ that is dead on what you are talking about except the main character is female. Other then that, it has all the pieces. Fighting to protect her family, trouble understanding her powers, fears she will not be strong enough and that she is losing herself to the battle and so on. It is very dark. It should fit the bill quite well if you do not mind a female lead. It is one of my favorite action/drama series ever.
    Who needs a signature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast