Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking for good, obscure anime

Newbie Ghostrider may be famous one day Ghostrider may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Looking for good, obscure anime

You should probably watch the series raxhephon before you bash it.
    I wasn't really bashing it, as I said, we watched the movie, and never really got around to watching the actual series. At the time we weren't really watching any series, and I think a mojority of the reason we didn't like it is becuase we didn't watch the series. I'm willing to give it another try, it's just on the bottom of my list at the moment

I haven't actually seen any of the Rouroni Kenshin series, but it is on my list and I have seen the OVAs, which are really good.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm, have you tried R.O.D(Read or Die, both OVA and TV series), s-CRY-ed, Gungrave, or Hellsing!? They're all pretty good. But thats my personal opinion so...

...also you could try Peacemaker Kurogane, Gaogaiger, Gravion, Disgaea, or Chrono Crusade. (I'm just throwing stuff out here now. XP)
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Newbie Ghostrider may be famous one day Ghostrider may be famous one day
    Thanks

I've watched Hellsing, it was worth watching, but I don't think I've actually made up my mind about it. I would watch it again, but I'm not sure if I'd actually ever buy it. Not totally sure why either.
    R.O.D. My sister-in-law really likes, but I haven't seen it, so it is on my list as well as chrono crusade. I've watched a couple of episodes of it and I liked what I saw

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now with R.O.D., be sure to watch the OVA FIRST!, as the TV series, being a legitimate sequel, assumes knowledge of the OVA...

And for the rare Non-Violent Anime series, there is the award winning 'Kamichu' TV series, the story of a middle-school girl or suddenly has to deal with the problems of becoming a Shinto Goddess. And there's the Studio GONZO series called 'Kaleido Star', where a teenage girl fly's off to an American sea coast city to become a high wire trapeze artist...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    I've watched Hellsing, it was worth watching, but I don't think I've actually made up my mind about it. I would watch it again, but I'm not sure if I'd actually ever buy it. Not totally sure why either.
    R.O.D. My sister-in-law really likes, but I haven't seen it, so it is on my list as well as chrono crusade. I've watched a couple of episodes of it and I liked what I saw

Chrono Crusade was a great show. Nice love story, and a great ending in my opinion. About hellsing though, you can start to watch hellsing ultimate, which is suppose to be more like the manga I think. I heard it was really good so far and the difference being "It&#180;s a new OVA following the storyline of the Manga rather than having it&#180;s own story after those two brothers attack the Hellsing HQ in the original 13 episodes."

Also, listen to Len if you plan on watching R.O.D. I watched the series first, which made more sense after watching the ova.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, as non-violent series I'd say go with:Genshiken, Excel Saga (Well this has violence I guess. LOL), Galaxy Angel, and so on. Your pick. ^^
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives's Avatar
    Thanks

these guys have all put up some damn fine suggestions, i myself have remembered a few, if you can find some of the less known gundam series do that I really enjoyed x, speaking of x's X is great too, serires more so than movies because the movie crams too much in a small package. Also Star Ocean has a good anime, the lodoss war side story chronicles of the heroic knight is good. the Lupin series are fantastic, Oh and speaking of mechs Patlabor is killer, those 2 movies are wonderful..i think there maybe a series aswell but im not too sure. Hanaukyo Maids is a very "peculiar" series funny tho, AND BY ALL MEANS SEE ANYTHING FIST OF THE NORTH STAR, except the live action movie it will abort your eyes like a prom date pregnancy

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2