+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loyalties?

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Loyalties?

I've always thought that loyalties should not come in the way of our anime watching, but at most times does.

I'm personally loyal to Kyoto Animation, especially since they have a firm hold on Key's works, have made Haruhi, FMP, Lucky Star and a whole host of other crap (in the best, most optimistic manner speaking) I've ever seen.

We could also look at loyalties for a certain genre, though of which I don't take any sides and watch nearly every genre, thoughy I tend to go more for shoujo only because it is most widely offered. Though any good anime from any genre is hard to come by sadly enough and I end up not finishing the anime/manga out of frustration.

So I ask, what, if any, are your loyaloties and why were they formed?

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Loyalties?

I watch all Studio Ghibli films... because I signed the contract that everyone who lives in Japan has to and we will all be shot if we don't. Satoshi Kon is a genius... he hasn't disappointed me yet. I like BONES' style and the way they choose their projects, even if they do outsource them all to Korea... My ears still perk when I hear "BONES" attatched to a new series' credits.

Manga -- I read -everything- by Hiroki Kusumoto, Furuya Usamaru, and Hagio Moto, without exception. If something new comes out: I buy it. If something I already own is re-released with a pretty new cover and an essay in the back: I buy it again. They're that good. BERSERK and GANTZ both own me... I buy new books the first day they're released. Also following "Inukami!", "Hourou Musuko" and am working my way through "Eroica yori Ai wo Komete"... There are other tons of other series that I like or am reading currently... but it's nothing to rush the store for on release day.

I follow ATLUS and Team ICO for games... though ATLUS in the US releases a lot of crap they didn't actually develop and the ocaisional pachinko game squeaks through ~ I love me some Megamitensei... and whenever ATLUS is up to something big, it's usually a Megaten spinoff. Team ICO can do no wrong.

I follow Nitro+, Leaf, and (guardedly)Langmaor for BL/erogames... because all three are consistantly high in quality and make games that I DON'T find to be a total waste of time and money. Leaf, unfortunately, is terminally unsexy and Langmaor makes some REALLY screwed up shotacon rape stuff O_o; But I still keep up with all three and get excited when new games come out, buy goods/figures, don't sell back their games, etc.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

For my anime I look to GAiNAX, GONZO, and KyoAni for something good to watch. Honestly, they have never disappointed me. Sure, I like Studio Ghibli, etc. but I've never been able to stick to any of their works for long. Not that I'm saying they're bad though, I just prefer the others.

Manga...well I read what I like. But I do like to follow the works of PEACH-PIT, Watsuki Nobuhiro, Azuma Kiyohiko, and I'm just a fan of Yoshimizu Kagami since Lucky Star...which is ironic as I have only read a few 4-koma strips of Lucky Star. But hey, if my local postal office havent lost my packages than I'd have all current volumes!!(T_T)

As for games, definitely SquareEnix and NipponIchi Software. I love their games, period. ATLUS doesnt disappoint either. ATLUS USA tends to grab a few good titles now and then such as the Summon Night series and the Super Robot Taisen series.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

by far my loyalties twords a anime genre of comody is where mine lays. Something about after a rough day coming home to a good laugh like ranma 1/2 just seems to cheer a person up ya know. I gues comody has always been what i like the most and it makes everything complete in my eyes^_^.
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I like BONES' style and the way they choose their projects, even if they do outsource them all to Korea... My ears still perk when I hear "BONES" attatched to a new series' credits.
    i like BONES as well and i'm loyal to their works ... can please someone tell me more anime of BONES' other than Ouran High School Host Club or Darker Than Black ... please ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    i like BONES as well and i'm loyal to their works ... can please someone tell me more anime of BONES' other than Ouran High School Host Club or Darker Than Black ... please ...
    The first Anime feature that Studio BONES produced was the 'Cowboy Bebop' movie. Their first Anime TV series was 'Angelic Layer', which was the first CLAMP based Anime series not done by Madhouse Studios. But their first real breakout series was the psychological drama 'RahXephon', followed by the award winning 'Full Metal Alchemist'. Other more recent productions include 'Kurau: Phantom Memory', 'Mars Daybreak' and 'Eureka 7'... (grumble grumble grumble)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

LichGRIFFIN (Feb 20, 2008)

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

I really like CLAMP anime. My favorite genre is Sci-Fi punk. Shows like Ghost in the Shell and Akira really get my blood pumping. I also like Sci-Fi shoujo like Kiddy Grade and Silent Mobius.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really have a particular studio that I am 'loyal' with... I guess I could say I am a lover of Gainax. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread