+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lucky Star

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Lucky Star

Finally, the anime that I've been waiting for just a bit over a year to hit the shelves in the US is out. That anime is "Lucky Star".

Lucky Star is a very easy going, slow paced type of anime. Theres really nothing special to the story either. It is simply just a look at the simple days of a group of high school girls, much like that of "Azumanga Daioh", so if you've enjoyed that than you'd love "Lucky Star". Seriously, theres no super natural powers at work, no "what the hell!?" type of events taking place, its nothing like that. It is just the simple days and conversations of Izumi Konata, Hiiragi Kagami and her twin sister Tsukasa, and Takara Miyuki, with many more characters to show up later on.

Izumi Konata is an otaku first before anything else. She puts anime, manga, and games before anything, yes, ANYTHING. That means academics, athletics, and all of that kind. Ironically she is quite athletic but she doesnt participate in any of the school's sports club as she refuses to miss any of the anime that airs in the "golden time", yeah, she's that devoted to anime.

Hiiragi Kagami and her twin sister Tsukasa are Konata's good friends. Kagami, due to her "tsundere" nature may seem like she's mean and all but she's a realy softy at heart. She's always complaining about Konata and her bad habits but she's always there to help her out of a jam. Tsukasa is Kagami's younger sister and she is usually...well, I'll just say that she is generally "absent minded". She always seems to be a little bit out of things but she's a very nice girl at heart. She's also a fairly good cook and she often tends to bake some sweets for her family and friends. oh, did I mention that their family runs a shrine and that they occasionally help out at home as a "miko"?(Shrine maiden/priestess)

Last but not least is Takara Miyuki-san. (I refer to her as "-san" because she is certainly more mature than I am mentally. LOLs) Just like Kagami and Tsukasa she is a good friend to Konata. She's very smart and often at the top of the class and she's also quite cute. Konata refers to her as the "perfect super human" not just for the obvious reasons but also from a perspective of an otaku. Glasses, big breasts, and a cute and clutzy personality is what makes her more appealing to the likes of an otaku, or so Konata says. LOLs

There are more characters to be introduced later on but the story mainly focuses on these four girls. So again, if you enjoy "normal" slow paced anime than Lucky Star is a MUST. Even if "normal" anime isnt your thing I highly recommend that you give it a quick check, I bet that it'll be worth it. Well than, I hope the rest of you will be enjoy this marvelous series as much as I do.

~enjoy
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Lucky Star

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Pulling out links from the previous 'Lucky Star' thread...

YouTube - Lucky Star - Official Dub Trailer (02/2008)

Bandai Entertainment also has their website up for this series, (but there isn't much posted there yet...) Lucky Stars

I already have the Art Box + First DVD. The first four episodes are nice, but not that exceptional. But Studio Kyoto Animation replaced the series director after the first four episodes...

Lucky Star Changes Director After Four Episodes - Anime News Network

... so the series will become much better during the 2nd DVD release...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie calmflame is off to a good start calmflame's Avatar
    Thanks

the anime i have been folowing for awhile is awsome. I am waiting for the next issue to come out and i hate waiting
    Elf

Otaku Cinlilly is off to a good start
    Thanks

XD; So I saw Just the first episode and I couldn't believe how they could talk about food for such a long time. It made me want to watch the rest but I've been too busy. I need to catch up on a lot of anime.

XD But this show is rather lol. I want to continue it sometime.

ಥ__ಥ

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

It proved to be enjoyable enough for me. I'm usually a fan of parodies and satirical stuff and Lucky Star is one of the shows that delivers both elements well. The characters and how they were drawn and animated aren't half bad either, the style compliments this simple, crude, and less-than-aesthetic-marvel show.

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Lucky star which i remember reffering someone to that anime is realy good and i have found it to be easy on the eyes which got my attention tell the end so i enjoyed it^_^ not to mention i liked the girls in the entire set i dont have a favorite of lucky star i like every last one in it i had no real issues even the art work was not to bad.
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Otaku Blackbird is off to a good start Blackbird's Avatar
    Thanks

Never going to watch dubbed anime by the way this anime is just great. I'm just love Izumi Konata, otaku and really good in athletic. The way she is acting is good, gaming and etc. ^^

Otaku For Life - YouTube - MyAnimeList

Click on my signature to go to ProBlackbird's Blog

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I watched a short clip in the English Dub and the voices are a bit weird, but nonetheless i might give it a try just for the lulz.

+ Reply to Thread